Who uses a top case on their Hayabusa?

RedBusarider

Registered
I just bought a SWmoto Alu rack for my busa.

I'm starting to research cases and wanted to know which cases you like and why. :whistle:

I hope to at LEAST put my helmet, gloves and jacket in it so that I don't have to carry them
with me everytime I want to go into a store etc.

So here are some questions I can think of for now.

1. What size case do you have and are you happy with the size or do you wish that you had a different size?

2. Did you get one with brake lights and turn signals built in OR did you install them?

3. What do you usually carry in it, or do you use it mostly for storage?

4. What is the most weight that you have put in it? How did it handle that weight?

5. Do you take it on and off alot? Or do you keep it on all the time?

6. Do you leave it on if you have a passenger? If so, did you get a backrest pad for it?

Is there anything else I should know about top cases before I buy? Is there anything you wish you had known before you bought one?
Thanks in advance for any info as I don't want to waste $$$ and buy the wrong one. :please:

Do you have pictures of your set up? :please:

have you seen this thread, might give you some ideas (specially post # 11 WHITE BIKE BELOW and post #17 BLACK BIKE): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/trips-touring/138928-need-pictures-touring-busas.html
EDIT: Flicka beat me to it

201679d1284571314-need-pictures-touring-busas-busa-2009-luggage-009.jpg

201748d1284622813-need-pictures-touring-busas-imageuploadedbytapatalk.jpg

I have a SHAD 45L topcase, and I think it looks quite nice on the SWMotech rack. I'll be using it this weekend on our 1100 mile weekend, so I'll have plenty of pics to share.. :beerchug:

This probably won't answer all your questions, but there are a lot of pics... [url]https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/trips-touring/138928-need-pictures-touring-busas.html[/URL] :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link, No I hadn't seen that posting.

Great pictures and I can get a few ideas of whats out there.

Only thing is most only say HERE"S MINE and don't tell what they have or if they like it etc.

So If anyone can answer at least some of the questions from the first posting that would be great.

Also if anyone can also say where they bought their stuff and possibly give links that would also be great. :thumbsup:

1. What size case do you have and are you happy with the size or do you wish that you had a different size?
45L Seems just about right for the back of the 'Busa

2. Did you get one with brake lights and turn signals built in OR did you install them?
No signals.

3. What do you usually carry in it, or do you use it mostly for storage?
Haven't carried anything in it yet, will tell you more after this coming weekend. I bought it to pack for the Spring bash, but wound up throwing the bike in the truck...

4. What is the most weight that you have put in it? How did it handle that weight?
Unfortunately I don't know that answer yet either :down:

5. Do you take it on and off alot? Or do you keep it on all the time?
Off all the time. So is the SWMotech rack. Only on for trips.

6. Do you leave it on if you have a passenger? If so, did you get a backrest pad for it?
Mine has a passenger backrest, and truthfully I don't like it. It makes it look too toury.. :laugh: My wife doesn't use it. She would have to sit straight up for it to do any good.

Is there anything else I should know about top cases before I buy? Is there anything you wish you had known before you bought one?
Thanks in advance for any info as I don't want to waste $$$ and buy the wrong one. :please:
Not really. I bought it used on Craigslist, and did fairly good with pricing.

Do you have pictures of your set up? :please:
Pictures are in my link above :beerchug:

One final word, if you are looking at Givi or Coocase, ring Justin and Honda East (site sponsor) He'll hook you up good!

I'll make sure to take plenty of loaded pics this weekend for ya! :thumbsup:

Earlybird just bought a scooter case and mounted it on his rack. It was huge and didt cost much at all.
Hopefully he will see this and respond?

I PM a link to this thread to doniton2. He has a top case setup using the stock hump pan or seat pan as a mount.

I bought this case off E-Bay and wouldn't recommend it. a helmet will fit but it won't latch because the latch hardware hits the helmet. I also made a bracket for it to work as a backrest for a passenger. I will be buying a bigger one but this one does work nicely for a cooler for a long day or for a couple nights worth of stuff.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

busatour.jpg

busatour1.jpg

This is the motorcycle/scooter truck that I used. I got it off of ebay. I also got the grab rail off off ebay from another Gen 2 Busa. I didnt want to use my perfectly good grab rail to make my own motorcycle/scooter mount bracket for mounting it to the Busa. Except for time, I got $120 in it tops! It looks pretty good and holds a lot depending on what you pack! It made a 10 hour trip to and from the Dragon mostly in the rain!:banghead: Everything stayed good and dry!:cheerleader: It has been speed tested too.....:whistle:

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

He's already got the SWMotech rack so mounting the case should be gravy. Although I love what you did there Tim.. :thumbsup:

If I didn't already have the rack, I'd have done the same thing! :beerchug:

He's already got the SWMotech rack so mounting the case should be gravy. Although I love what you did there Tim.. :thumbsup:

If I didn't already have the rack, I'd have done the same thing! :beerchug:

Thanks Steve!:thumbsup: Oh I think you need one of these too :poke:

peanutbutter-01.jpg

Here are some pics of it packed up. That is a full size backpack fully loaded in it. Sorry for the dirty helmet pics, just thought I'd try to give perspective.

image-2611443815.jpg

image-426778716.jpg

image-3534781611.jpg

image-4123004829.jpg

image-3381412392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-2611443815.jpg

image-426778716.jpg

image-3534781611.jpg

image-4123004829.jpg

image-3381412392.jpg

Back