who to use for a custom leather suit?

Mont

Registered
I got an Alpinestars Motegi 2PC Size 64 and while I get get it on, it's not really the right size in a couple of places. Plus, there's no way I could fit a back protector inside and still be able to lay down flat on the tank.

My needs are strictly for straight line LSR style on track racing. I did some searching here, as well as Google and Pilot EVO comes in a mostly white style which would work well in the hot Texas sun.

Has anyone had a suit made by someone in the US that they were happy with? Any feedback on PILOT - EVO PIL-102410 color options ?

My number one priority is fit, followed by quality. Cheap safety gear isn't a bargain if the day comes that it's needed. I have gear that will be me past tech, so speed of delivery isn't way up on the list, but I also don't want to wait forever. What I really want is to do this once, and be done with it. I dropped 90 pounds to try and get into a size 64 and that took me 8 months. I am working on the final 10 pounds, but even losing that won't make a 64 work correctly. At least not from what I can tell trying this one on.

This is who you want to use Hazardous Racing He is a good personal friend of mine. These suits beat pilot suits hands down. I've seen his suit after a 110 mph highside and ever stitch was intact. Kelvlar stitching. You will not be disappointed. Tell him Butch from ncsportbike with the white hayabusa told you about them, he'll hook you up. Best suit at a great price and fully custom.

Wow , that place looks great ! And the prices are pretty good !

Thank you Butch. I sent Andrie at the Texas contact email a note. It looks like they can do gloves too, which I also need. Much appreciated.

Wow , that place looks great ! And the prices are pretty good !

The gloves and suits are first class. He started this a couple of years ago, he has got some ama riders now. Nesba and desmo around this area are sporting his gear too. The gloves I compared side by side with knox top of the line gloves and hazardous were much better.

The gloves and suits are first class. He started this a couple of years ago, he has got some ama riders now. Nesba and desmo around this area are sporting his gear too. The gloves I compared side by side with knox top of the line gloves and hazardous were much better.

Is this guy a one man show fabricating his own leathers or is he a mere vendor for an overseas company? Where are these leathers actually made? Price is right.

Vanson may be the best US made (In Massachusetts) leathers available. Vanson has been around a very long time. Not Cheap but great quality and they last forever.

Vanson may be the best US made (In Massachusetts) leathers available. Vanson has been around a very long time. Not Cheap but great quality and they last forever.
yea but at this time of year ur lookn at 6 weeks to have one made if not longer.

yea but at this time of year ur lookn at 6 weeks to have one made if not longer.

There is a reason for the wait and it's a good reason! If you get a suit made in china and it's completed in a week you still wait a month before the FedEx truck arrives.

I would argue there are no better leathers on earth than Vanson. Not for the bargain hunters but the end product makes you stand out in the crowd. One really good aspect of Vanson is the leathers actually "FIT" when you get them. I've seen some of that custom economy stuff from the orient that didn't fit for chitz.

Is this guy a one man show fabricating his own leathers or is he a mere vendor for an overseas company? Where are these leathers actually made? Price is right.

He uses a leather manufacturing outfit in Pakistan. So do many of the top brands. Not US made, but Pakistan probably have some of the best tailors in the world. Should you be into oriental rugs, you would know why they are so expensive.

There is a reason for the wait and it's a good reason! If you get a suit made in china and it's completed in a week you still wait a month before the FedEx truck arrives.

I would argue there are no better leathers on earth than Vanson. Not for the bargain hunters but the end product makes you stand out in the crowd. One really good aspect of Vanson is the leathers actually "FIT" when you get them. I've seen some of that custom economy stuff from the orient that didn't fit for chitz.
I agree their stuff is top notch. like any builder the wait time is fairly long cause they are in demand which means they do great work. ive been to their shop several times and its got to be the biggest leather showroom on the planet. its literally a wharehouse of leathers.

most of the drag suits around here either use Vanson's or Bates. dont really see much of anything else.

they take their time fitting people and do it right and the people making the leathers are top notch but you really need to go to their shop to be fitted properly. the leather they use is about the best quality ur gonna find. trying to take ur own measurements and sending in what you think u measured isnt gonna cut it normally but I do know ppl who have done just that cause they have had suits made in the past and kept their exact measurments and their weight doesnt change.

you get what you pay for but any suit custom made only fits right if you dont lose or gain any weight. my weight tends to fluctuate so im apprehensive about havn a custom suit made but I will sooner or later and Vanson's will be the ppl makn it for me when I have one made.

Recommend you PM Flicka regarding Pilot's; he had a set made and can give you his impression.

I agree their stuff is top notch. like any builder the wait time is fairly long cause they are in demand which means they do great work. ive been to their shop several times and its got to be the biggest leather showroom on the planet. its literally a wharehouse of leathers.

most of the drag suits around here either use Vanson's or Bates. dont really see much of anything else.

they take their time fitting people and do it right and the people making the leathers are top notch but you really need to go to their shop to be fitted properly. the leather they use is about the best quality ur gonna find. trying to take ur own measurements and sending in what you think u measured isnt gonna cut it normally but I do know ppl who have done just that cause they have had suits made in the past and kept their exact measurments and their weight doesnt change.

you get what you pay for but any suit custom made only fits right if you dont lose or gain any weight. my weight tends to fluctuate so im apprehensive about havn a custom suit made but I will sooner or later and Vanson's will be the ppl makn it for me when I have one made.

Hey, going to the Vanson showroom won't help you at all. Your X-Small jock strap will fit you for life no matter how much weight you may gain! :poke:

You are correct, Vanson is top notch. Actually the measurement chart they give you to fill out is like no other I've seen. each measurement taken is checked and double checked with other numbers and must balance. It's kinda like filling out your tax forms, if the numbers don't jive their is a mistake some place. My pal ScooterGirl purchased a Vanson two piece suit two years ago and that puppy fits like a glove.

If Vanson wasn't so expensive I'd be in them myself. I tend to buy from whomever will sponsor us. Joe Rocket, Taichi and Arlin Ness have all sponsored and we have crashed suits from all. The best of the three to crash in was by far the Taichi. Frickin good stuff! I get a sizeable discount with Vanson through Sullivans Race School but a vanson suit still cost two or three times as much as the sponsored suits from JR & Taichi.

Back