who to use for a custom leather suit?

Kelcey @NJK responded to my email professionally and is waiting on me to send in my measurements. My shifter/dyno testing work got completed this morning, and my bike shifts so fast I can't hear it shift now. Riding it home from the shop was sweet. It's going to be a great day when it all comes together but the most important part is it's all heading the right direction. I even got the hauler back this morning that took the Onan guy 3 hours to replace the $79 starter bendix. He had to pull the entire generator to get to the starter. I could have spent 3 days on that and it still wouldn't work.

All of the help is appreciated. A trip down the track getting closer to reality.

He uses a leather manufacturing outfit in Pakistan. So do many of the top brands. Not US made, but Pakistan probably have some of the best tailors in the world. Should you be into oriental rugs, you would know why they are so expensive.

This is correct. He did a lot of research for a quality vendor before he started production. He is in the business to get riders into quality suits and make a little money, not to get rich. He has a day job that pays well so no need to rape his fellow riders.

Recommend you PM Flicka regarding Pilot's; he had a set made and can give you his impression.

Actually, I got mine from Spartan Leathers. $800 for a custom-fit suit made with my choice of colors and options like zippers, vents, collars, etc. Spartan is actually just a guy named Dave in southern Indiana. I drove up to his house one Saturday, and had all my measurements taken. He has a pretty long list of options and colors that are available at no extra charge. I think the only available up-charge was for different types of armor. I went with the standard armor, and can say it works pretty well. I hit the deck at about 80 MPH and had no failures aside from my Dainese gloves. The suit got a few light scrapes, but there was no need for repairs of any type. All seams and materials held up perfectly. The wait was right at 8 weeks, and yes, it was made in Pakistan. You may be surprised how much motorcycle gear is made there. Either way, the suit has been great, and I would buy from Spartan again.

Oh, and he also has some pretty nice gloves.

194107_10151258821298140_2058346360_o.jpg

Another vote for Kelsie and NJK, he made my LSR leathers a few years back and they have been great. His leathers work, Jason McVicar was wearing NJK's when he crashed, he went to dinner with his crew that night.

McVicar - Bonneville & SCTA - Speed Week 2008 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back