Who think's they have already had " The Covid"?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Was curious on who throught that they have already had the dreaded Covid looking back since the first of the year.

I can personally tell you that I don't get sick very often but in February one evening I just didn't feel great and like a light switch I started sweating and running a fever. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have stayed in bed for more than a few hours at a time because I was sick. I had no appetite, I started getting chills and then the cough came on. I literally slept the entire weekend and had a fever and sweats. I stayed at home and worked from home on Monday and started to feel better about day 4 and I went to work. I had that cough for almost 2 weeks and could not shake it for anything.

Looking back I do believe that I had it and I am planning on going and getting checked for antibodies just to see.

Who else?

Cap

A couple weeks ago I was tired, had chills, and was constipated for a couple days.
I did not lose sense of smell or taste or have a cough. l really doubt I had it. It was unusual for me though. I would take the antibody test when it is available in my area. They say some people have no symptoms but who knows what they feel.

I’m almost positive I had it at the beginning of March. Like you stated @captain, that cough lasted about 3 weeks. My immune system is not the greatest, but I don’t remember feeling that sick and had fever for a few days. Even though I tested negative, I also tested negative for everything else they tested for, so I wonder how accurate that test was. I’ll also be interested in the antibodies test, to see if I’ve had the virus.

I’m almost positive I had it at the beginning of March. Like you stated @captain, that cough lasted about 3 weeks. My immune system is not the greatest, but I don’t remember feeling that sick and had fever for a few days. Even though I tested negative, I also tested negative for everything else they tested for, so I wonder how accurate that test was. I’ll also be interested in the antibodies test, to see if I’ve had the virus.
I was sick as hell in Feb also sickest I've ever been . I went last week for the antibody test and it came back negative. They said it's not very accurate though

Yeah those antibody test are needed to really know where we all are on this covid situation. Cant wait for them to be ready for use. Not even sure if you can buy it or if it will be a state run testing.

My wife went to Newfoundland mid Jan, when she came back she had a nasty, wet cough which lasted for weeks, so much so I slept in the spare room while she had several pillows propping her up while she slept (not normal for her).

Around Feb, I started coughing that same wet cough and felt weak as a kitten some days. and often woke up in cold sweats...one night I woke up and couldn't breathe and had the wife call 911. I went to the hospital and they did the usual "old guy's heart" checks but all was good... took a while to stop the cough (6-7weeks).

Apparently this Covid virus has been going around since Nov.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how this sort of virus can get loose, I read it was from some sort of exotic animal they eat in China....as this probably isn't their first contact with this critter, why now????

It makes sense that it came from a test lab just by what it is doing and how it is morphing so quickly. Some of the reactions it made in certain victims sure did/does sound like a biological nerve agent.

My wife went to Newfoundland mid Jan, when she came back she had a nasty, wet cough which lasted for weeks, so much so I slept in the spare room while she had several pillows propping her up while she slept (not normal for her).

Around Feb, I started coughing that same wet cough and felt weak as a kitten some days. and often woke up in cold sweats...one night I woke up and couldn't breathe and had the wife call 911. I went to the hospital and they did the usual "old guy's heart" checks but all was good... took a while to stop the cough (6-7weeks).

Apparently this Covid virus has been going around since Nov.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how this sort of virus can get loose, I read it was from some sort of exotic animal they eat in China....as this probably isn't their first contact with this critter, why now????

It makes sense that it came from a test lab just by what it is doing and how it is morphing so quickly. Some of the reactions it made in certain victims sure did/does sound like a biological nerve agent.

The exotic food theory is largely based on a video from a different country, and filmed several years ago. Still possible though.
The test lab theory seems to make sense, until you realize that genetic sequencing indicates it as having natural origins.
I doubt we'll ever know definitively, and even if we could find out, a surprising number of people simply reject science that doesn't confirm their world view.

The exotic food theory is largely based on a video from a different country, and filmed several years ago. Still possible though.
The test lab theory seems to make sense, until you realize that genetic sequencing indicates it as having natural origins.
I doubt we'll ever know definitively, and even if we could find out, a surprising number of people simply reject science that doesn't confirm their world view.

Kind of suspicious in many ways...this virus spread rapidly and aggressively....

I can only imagine if it originated in North America how it would have been perceived by other nations.

Late February when I was finishing the prison Job . Completed the work in 2.5 days on a 5 day bid / approved job . Got real sick for me . Stayed in Hotel for the next 2.5 days alone . @ this time had no idea what covid 19 was or heard of it . 1st day home I was still not 100% , but by day 5 I was almost normal . Keep in mind no smoking, drinking , above normal health ,and immune system .

I'm curious if antibody's are in my blood , but refuse to go find out due to my own theories . Wife says I should as it sways the numbers to more recovery than deaths .

Kind of suspicious in many ways...this virus spread rapidly and aggressively....

I can only imagine if it originated in North America how it would have been perceived by other nations.
That's how viruses work. We're just immune in varying degrees to most of them. Look how quickly measles has bounced back in the wake of the antivaxer stupidity.

That's how viruses work. We're just immune in varying degrees to most of them. Look how quickly measles has bounced back in the wake of the antivaxer stupidity.
True that, well to be honest, I haven't heard of any new viruses out there in a long time which we had to be vaccinated for.

This one will join the long list of required vaccinations I guess. Just the other day I was going through my needle book and it was a long and challenging thing to do, I must have had over 100 needles for various things over the years. Some of them had batch numbers with no descriptions as I was a test "Guinea Pig" for a few things.

True that, well to be honest, I haven't heard of any new viruses out there in a long time which we had to be vaccinated for.

This one will join the long list of required vaccinations I guess. Just the other day I was going through my needle book and it was a long and challenging thing to do, I must have had over 100 needles for various things over the years. Some of them had batch numbers with no descriptions as I was a test "Guinea Pig" for a few things.
Vaccination and herd immunity will greatly reduce the severity, but both of those take time.

Back