Who taught this guy to ride?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
At about the 2 minute mark, on the second run, this other rider gets out front...he scares me there is so many things wrong with this riding position, yet he appeared to be in control...

I guess that he forgot to pose for the camera.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seems to be doing okay... He's making that Z1000 boogey along.. Don't think the stand-up wheelie was necessary, but obviously he did.. :poke:

Not trying to be that way, but is there a "perfect" riding position? How many people do you think tried to change Ben Spies riding position? Or how about when Rossi started hanging a leg off in the corners.. ???

I guess if you don't look a certain way, or use the "right" tire...or ride "the" most popular bike...well then you just should not ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess if you don't look a certain way, or use the "right" tire...or ride "the" most popular bike...well then you just should not ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I didn't mean it like that.. I just meant there are different riding "styles" right? Maybe he's just got HUGE Cajones? :beerchug:

They are tearing it up on a closed road.

:thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

That's from the Burkesville ride up in KY last weekend, don't know the guy that jumped in front but the camera bike looks to be Eddie aka Thumper on his KTM Duke. He rides with the Nashville sport bike meetup group and to be honest with him on that SM all you can do is pray for the straights. Because if your on a sport bike your not keeping up with him in the twisties. Lets just say that old dude can ride. It was a hot as all get out ride back on Saturday, but actually ride up was pretty nice.

Well I didn't mean it like that.. I just meant there are different riding "styles" right? Maybe he's just got HUGE Cajones? :beerchug:

Yep, and they will substitue for frame sliders if he goes down:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually just looks like it's hard to kick the dirt bike riding habit of wanting to push the bike down to power slide the turns, and it doesn't help when you ride super moto also, and either dragging a knee or putting the foot out on turns are both used. Sometimes one style just feels more comfortable whether it may look right or not. I say what ever feels right to you is what you should do. Looks like he's doing just fine to me. :thumbsup:

That looks like a bomb run on a closed course...if in fact the road was closed it is cool that they have a place to ride like that

That looks like a bomb run on a closed course...if in fact the road was closed it is cool that they have a place to ride like that

Yeah, it's actually a Christian KY motorcycle group that sponsors it and they shut that road down once a year to all car traffic and let the bikes ride it. One way traffic only at any given time, lead bike and tail gunner so you never have to worry about any opposing traffic, will line up fastest to slowest so you don't have to worry about running up your inside either. Just you, 2 lanes of road and the ditches,rocks and dirt to deal with. :laugh:

Postage stamp size video on my phone can't see crap.
Looks like some folks having fun. I like that they closed the road.
Although I think I'd still stay in my lane and not cross the yellow simply because I would not want to create any bad habits. I'd ride the same as I would on any other road, in my lane.

definitely an odd riding style for the street. big ballz riding that hard in jeans. I did notice that he was hitting his apexs' dead on. smooth through the corners and really nice throttle control. :thumbsup:
Ever see Arnold Palmer or Lee Traveno (sp?) swing a golf club? They're still GREAT golfers! :whistle:

Back