Who Rode Today?

After a lazy Sunday of sleeping I woke up and wanted some waffle house and since there isn't any in Michigan took a nice ride to Ohio

I rode too...funny story...

I was talking to my buddy on the phone and in the middle of our conversation the phone went "click" real loud and he was gone...I tried calling back but it went instantly to VM (he has land-line only).

Fearing the worst, I leapt aboard the Busa and tore off to his house 25kms away. After a very quick ride, I arrived and rang his door bell, no response, knocked on the door a few times, no response...was about to consider taking the door down when he and his Mustang pulled into his drive way.

He figured my cell phone died so decided to go grab a couple things from the store.

I let him know his door almost became extinct and to call me back next time...

It was a lot more relaxing going home....

Rode everyday this week so far.....been beautiful out. The Bumblebee has been running flawlessly, today I did a 100km (60 mile) loop and didn't break 80 kms/hr (50 mph) the bike was so smooth and relaxing.

I also rode the yellow and black grass cutting device quite a bit, I look after a couple of seniors in the neighbourhood and am looking after a couple lawns of people who are on vacation....each lawn takes an hour or so......

Just living through you guys right now. Tons of rain in my area, so I guess I’ll have to be content with wrenching in the garage and looking at the pics you post on here.
Here too, the weather people say the next few days are supposed to be decent....fingers crossed they are right for once...

Here too, the weather people say the next few days are supposed to be decent....fingers crossed they are right for once...
Here is not looking too promising for the next 5 days and weather for the days following that, remain to be seen. Forecast changes quickly and weatherman always just says 50-80% chances pretty much everyday. Only thing I’m happy about is being able to turn off my 6 zone sprinkler system. That saves me about $100USD a month on my water bill.

I rode my new L2 (potentially!) yesterday . . .
If the guy talks turkey on price, I may just replicate RoadToad's beast . . .
oh apart from the $50K's worth of jewels he has affixed to his one lol

View attachment 1600214

A few extra bits there. Not sure why the second gear indicator, but seems to be in pretty good nick. Didn't see the mileage.

A few extra bits there. Not sure why the second gear indicator, but seems to be in pretty good nick. Didn't see the mileage.
The mileage is up there, 70,000kms.
Full service history at the Dealership that sold it . . my workshop lol.
This is the 2nd owner. He's only had it for 10,000kms, 3 years.
If I can get it for a reasonable price . . I'll be talking to the Bank ASAP.
It's winter here, best time to buy, and I think the guy is keen to sell and cash it up.
That gear indicator is part of the GlPro TRE system.

The mileage is up there, 70,000kms.
Full service history at the Dealership that sold it . . my workshop lol.
This is the 2nd owner. He's only had it for 10,000kms, 3 years.
If I can get it for a reasonable price . . I'll be talking to the Bank ASAP.
It's winter here, best time to buy, and I think the guy is keen to sell and cash it up.
That gear indicator is part of the GlPro TRE system.

Put that bike in your capable hands and 70,000kms is nothing...

Good luck in getting it.

Put that bike in your capable hands and 70,000kms is nothing...

Good luck in getting it.
Thanks man . . .
yeah, I don't need it . . I WANT it lol.
Thing is with the Gen 2, they have 20hp extra, better suspension and brakes, and a few other nice things about them.
The black L2 is the one I've wanted since first laying eyes on Toad's weapon of choice.
That set me off on the road to finding one . . very rare here in NZ, unlike the USA.
I may even play around with the two of them, (99 Gen 1 and the L2) and mix them up a bit if I get enthusiastic enough . .
Maybe Gen 2 engine with the full Akra system from my 99, fitted to the old 99 and also the L2 front end fitted to the old girl for better brakes and forks.
Maybe just swap the bodywork over occasionally?
Who knows? . . the possibilities and combo options are many and varied.
Give me some suggestions . . . I'm open to any ideas re this :race:

Last edited:
I say if you get it, leave your '99 just the way it is...there's nothing wrong with that bike.

Then you can play with the Gen 2 and make it your own, there are many to emulate but only one is yours.

Back