Who Rode Today?

It has been nothing but heavy rain here the past month. Warmed them both up and finally took each out for a short ride to make sure the batteries were good :)

IMG_9061.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg

There are so many Empty country roads where I live, many times(regardless of what I'm riding), I find myself sitting side saddle, left hand on my left knee, and creeping at 20-30mph sight seeing.
Then I can drag a few hard corners, wheelie a straight stretch, get my fix, and right back to creep mode.
Pull over, park in the shade, nice lazy rides. :beerchug:
Couple orgsters told me you always ride side-saddle:shocked:!

Got a great short ride in to set the suspension today , beautiful weather and fairly clear road . The bike was a bit off though , on the way to Stathalbyn on my suspension test road . Once I stopped I made increase adjustments to both the rebound and compression , and the ride back was awesome fun , really amazed at the difference in ride quality .

Got a great short ride in to set the suspension today , beautiful weather and fairly clear road . The bike was a bit off though , on the way to Stathalbyn on my suspension test road . Once I stopped I made increase adjustments to both the rebound and compression , and the ride back was awesome fun , really amazed at the difference in ride quality . View attachment 1599172View attachment 1599173
She looks resplendent basking in the South Australian sunlight.:bowdown:
Nice to hear you got a result with the dialing in of your sumptuous exotic Brohlins suspenders :laugh:

Gotta love places with Palm trees
:)
Yeah, but unfortunately a lotta creepy crawlies go along with those palm trees, alligators come to mind . . .
  • Spiders. Florida is home to two particularly dangerous spiders—the brown recluse and the southern black widow. ...
  • Florida Black Bears. ...
  • Sharks. ...
  • American Alligators. ...
  • Snakes. ...
  • Wild Boars. ...
  • Florida Panthers. ...
  • Fire Ants......
just to name a few lol.
In every slice of paradise, there lurks a little slice of hell.

Got a great short ride in to set the suspension today , beautiful weather and fairly clear road . The bike was a bit off though , on the way to Stathalbyn on my suspension test road . Once I stopped I made increase adjustments to both the rebound and compression , and the ride back was awesome fun , really amazed at the difference in ride quality . View attachment 1599172View attachment 1599173
So how are these new forks and shock different to the previous Ohlins you had in your bike?

So how are these new forks and shock different to the previous Ohlins you had in your bike?
Both sets are theoretically set up the same , set to my nominated weight . The first set was bought brand new ( this silver set currently fitted ) , they were sprung for my weight by the USA shop from whom I purchased . The second set were purchased from a good mate a year later ( black set recently fitted up ) , and were recently taken to Race Bike Services ( qualified Ohlins trained technician ) , refurbished and re sprung for my weight . These were then fitted up and sag reset and ridden for awhile until recently when new swingarm fitted , when they were replaced with the new set once again ,which are now re setup on the L2 .
Interestingly , the fine adjustment settings I settled on today are slightly different to the black set setting last used . I really got this set working hard today , the ride out was troubling me , because the base line settings were close , but not correct as expected . Once they were changed , however , for the next leg of the ride , everything came together very nicely . I did 2 runs today on the short but varied surface and radius corners festooned road encompassing run , I like so much .

one thing I love about the ohlins is that they are consistent. For me the with the OEM suspension things were so unpredictable it was really hard to drill down variables.

With the ohlins once they are basically ok (oil levels, springs, sag and basic comp/rebound) they are pretty consistent for me.

I haven't really gotten into the finer adjustments like Road. riding on the street where the road conditions are ever changing makes adjustment tough.

Ah. Still so much to do and learn on these bikes.

Yeah, but unfortunately a lotta creepy crawlies go along with those palm trees, alligators come to mind . . .
  • Spiders. Florida is home to two particularly dangerous spiders—the brown recluse and the southern black widow. ...
  • Sharks. ...
  • Snakes. ...
  • Wild Boars. ...
  • Florida Panthers. ...
  • Fire Ants......
just to name a few lol.

Hahaha!
We have All those in Va too, minus the gators(they are a few hours away in NC) and they are nothing to be concerned about, really.
Vs Oz, where it looks like Everything is deadly.
...I'll take my chances here.

• Sharks. ...
  • Snakes. ...
  • Wild Boars. ...
  • Florida Panthers. ...
  • Fire Ants......
just to name a few lol.
I have never encountered half of those in the wild kiwi, now....... those damn lovebugs are out of control right now. :banghead: :banghead: What pain in the rear they are. I don’t even bother riding right now. If you spend an hour Out on backroads, you’ll need 3 hours detailing the bike, helmet, gloves and washing your textile jacket.

Back