Who Rode Today?

I've been getting out for short (er) rides each day I can, usually in the morning before it gets scorching out.

Today I went to see my friend and we had a good conversation solving all the world's problems..

It was hot coming home, reminded me of Afghanistan kind of hot.
So.........now I know where our usual hot ass weather is camped out.........The Great White North must be well melted now:devil:

These temps are taken @ 5,000’ but in the shade it’s not so bad. Just pull up a log and sit awhile. Sit on a rock and you can cool your feet. Think I’ll head up to Glacier PT. tomorrow. The twisty road to it has a lot of shade.
BEAA7D04-814B-43D3-BBBF-BCBD06B29D4A.jpeg
F4B23D09-728B-411F-BD01-041A12746251.png

The hotter the better for me. I'd love to have 100° every day. We have been getting 80°~90° F here. I'm so much more confident in the tires holding when the road's hot...not to mention the wildlife stays in the forest and off the road for the most part.

So.........now I know where our usual hot ass weather is camped out.........The Great White North must be well melted now:devil:

It's hot for sure, the last few summers have been really dry around here...the grass is crunchy as I don't water it because we are on a well.

Actually the Arctic is melting at an alarming rate according to the scientists

It's hot for sure, the last few summers have been really dry around here...the grass is crunchy as I don't water it because we are on a well.

yep,,,,,,,sounds like normal Oklahoma.......don't worry though.......the winter will make up for it :rolleyes:

The hotter the better for me. I'd love to have 100° every day. We have been getting 80°~90° F here. I'm so much more confident in the tires holding when the road's hot...not to mention the wildlife stays in the forest and off the road for the most part.
It's been several years ago,maybe 2016,we had 100 and over for something like 100 days,started in early May..........I wouldn't wish Hell on anybody.

You could always move hereView attachment 1622597
Might be a little excessive but I'd give it a shot. So once in a while, it's a little too hot to ride, no big deal!

I've been hearing about the icecaps my whole life. We'll have more water. We'll figure out what to do about it. Maybe you will be able to water your grass. :D I wouldn't bother with my lawn if I had one either. Sucks to be people that have neighborhood associations. Some are bad enough that I'd never live there. Maybe that's what they want!

Still cool on the west coast... I can count on one hand how many times it's been over 20*C here on one hand in 2020, and have fingers left over.

This past winter's gloom made me miss crisp, cold sunny days out east, and this summer's gloom is now making me miss the 35*C days out there.

I canna take the gloom no more! :banghead:

Here's a few bikes I was out with today, nice winter weather with sunny skies, light winds and 17 degC.
Went for a blast on my DRZ at the river this morning, 82km of off road hi-jinks, then out on the Busa this afternoon, 145kms of fun 'spirited' riding as they say lol.
A nice line up . . .
IMG_1217[1].JPG

My mate just bought this Beemer, he also has the K1200S, but this one is a 2015 and very nice condition, low kms.
IMG_1219[1].JPG

IMG_1218[1].JPG

IMG_1217[1].JPG

IMG_1219[1].JPG

IMG_1218[1].JPG

Last edited:
Here's a few bikes I was out with today, nice winter weather with sunny skies, light winds and 17 degC.
Went for a blast on my DRZ at the river this morning, 82km of off road hi-jinks, then out on the Busa this afternoon, 145kms of fun 'spirited' riding as they say lol.
A nice line up . . .
View attachment 1622822

My mate just bought this Beemer, he also has the K1200S, but this one is a 2015 and very nice condition, low kms.
View attachment 1622823

View attachment 1622824

View attachment 1622822

View attachment 1622823

View attachment 1622824
The K1300 was a good bike. I think BMW made a mistake thinking the K1600 GT could replace it. The RS 1250 is close but the 160 hp 4 is a better speed engine IMHO.

Ride 06.jpg

Back