Who Rode Today?

Is your bike back on the road?
Nope. Still waiting on parts from the UK. Says still in production the the mail wait. I’m hoping for next weekend but I’m feeling more like 2-3 more weeks. Although it’s giving me more time to clean other things....lol. Also not sure I like the stock gearing I went to. May switch back to -1+2 sprockets while waiting

48 F when I rolled out to run errands. Mailed something off to Red . Stopped @ Memorial park for a photo. Very windy today. Strong enough to blow you over at a stop light .

20200111_093928.jpg

20200111_093911.jpg

Bill I rode the Bandit to today just for you :) After replacing carburetor float bowl gasket that was leaking .
Great....I shall live vicariously through you guys in the south...

Just went out to survey the snow fall...9 inches so far and it is falling hard along with a good wind blowing....the snow blower is going to do it tomorrow.

About to go out and ride my snowblower….it's a red one but will be upgrading to the faster, better yellow one for next winter...
You need to do the redneck mod like I did. Put a light bar on it. Used a 24in led bar off eBay -30 bucks and a 5dollar relay. Wired into factory light. Lit up my whole driveway and part of the neighbors. Lol

rode yesterday. It was 73 degrees here! But the wind was way strong and I spent most of the time trying not to get my fat arse blown off the road or blown over when I stopper at a light. Bike was good though and it's finally to the point where I can hop on it and ride, no adjustments of fixes. I'm used to the bike being perfect when I ride so having it feel perfect is awesome.

Maybe it's me, but these CoreMoto wheels hold air really well. I usually only need to adjust for air temp. The stock wheels were loosing air constantly. Could be the valves, the OEMs are 10 years old so maybe the valves needed replacement.

rode yesterday. It was 73 degrees here! But the wind was way strong and I spent most of the time trying not to get my fat arse blown off the road or blown over when I stopper at a light. Bike was good though and it's finally to the point where I can hop on it and ride, no adjustments of fixes. I'm used to the bike being perfect when I ride so having it feel perfect is awesome.

Maybe it's me, but these CoreMoto wheels hold air really well. I usually only need to adjust for air temp. The stock wheels were loosing air constantly. Could be the valves, the OEMs are 10 years old so maybe the valves needed replacement.
I tell my friends/ customers to replace valve stems every other tire set or 3 years on OEM style short pull through rubber stems . On the 90 degree ones they can go longer , but the rubber 360 degree seal also wears over time . Willie my Core motor wheels leaked the first few months till I found it was the inner core on the stems . Replaced inner core , and still leaked . Contacted core moto who sent me a new set I installed . No more leaks , and hold air very well . I imagine the sealing bead face is the main reason being a machined smooth surface . While the OEM cast wheel is not as smooth . The casting imperfections are what most likely allow the loss of air of the shorter time .

You need to do the redneck mod like I did. Put a light bar on it. Used a 24in led bar off eBay -30 bucks and a 5dollar relay. Wired into factory light. Lit up my whole driveway and part of the neighbors. Lol
The new blower I'm getting has pretty good lights . I have a street light right beside my driveway so lighting isn't an issue...having to use it is....but I digress...

I actually like winter for the most part.

untitled.png

High 60s temp and sunny, we had rain the past two days and along with high winds and a tornado watch last night. So I knew the secondary roads would have pine needles, branches, limbs, twigs etc.. I was right and several trees along my route had fallen across the road and had to be cut up and removed. Thanks to those who had it all cleared by the time I passed through lol. Gravel and leaves washed out in certain places and road still wet in shaded areas etc...

Wife wanted to ride so the pace would be pretty relaxed today. Lots of bikes out got 64 miles total not bad given that I didn’t think I’d get to ride at all today due to other plans.

Hurried pic of the wife as we were about to head out (sorry bad lighting) and took this pic of a group of bikes at the gas station which were the only pics I got today.

8C6C6C4E-88EA-4F86-9C88-2E2A4BC1E5AF.jpeg

B57D8D9A-B5A1-4D3C-8B3D-7D4323BEDD3A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back