Who Rode Today?

I'm so glad I live in NZ . . riding all year round :rolleyes:
Jealous much? :p
In some ways....but I'm happy being where I am long winters and all. That being said, ask me mid January and my opinion will be different.

In my youth I was big into snowmobiling and that balanced out the seasons. Now that sport is so expensive and regulated, it isn't even fun anymore..

In some ways....but I'm happy being where I am long winters and all. That being said, ask me mid January and my opinion will be different.

In my youth I was big into snowmobiling and that balanced out the seasons. Now that sport is so expensive and regulated, it isn't even fun anymore..
Back in the 70's I had a friend went and lived in Medicine Hat. He wrote me about the snowmobiles and how much fun they were, he actually worked in a shop servicing and repairing them.
He told me the winters are very long but enjoyable all because of the snowmobiles!
He also said the climate was cold but dry, 30 below is not as bad as below zero in NZ.
He still lives there to this day.
In the 70's it was very difficult for a Kiwi to get a resident's permit in Canada, only reason he was able was because he had a family connection, his sister had married a Canadian and was living there.

Back in the 70's I had a friend went and lived in Medicine Hat. He wrote me about the snowmobiles and how much fun they were, he actually worked in a shop servicing and repairing them.
He told me the winters are very long but enjoyable all because of the snowmobiles!
He also said the climate was cold but dry, 30 below is not as bad as below zero in NZ.
He still lives there to this day.
In the 70's it was very difficult for a Kiwi to get a resident's permit in Canada, only reason he was able was because he had a family connection, his sister had married a Canadian and was living there.
I was posted to a base near Medicine Hat...the winters there are odd, not a lot of snow but cold due to the ever relentless winds. They have rattle snakes, scorpions and cactus there too.

The winters we have here in Ontario where I am are very periodical, some winters we get a whack of snow and other winters we get very little. For someone to go out and buy a $15,000 sled along with the trail passes, insurance, licensing, gear and have it sit in a garage is pretty frustrating as my friends tell me. Generally the actual days riding a snowmobile on a trail are very limited (2 or so months at the outside).

Add to that, moderns sleds are rockets on snow and most trails are 50kms/hr and the fun fades away quickly.

Between washing the bike, cleaning and lubing the chain and washing the wife’s car and fighting leaves in the yard, I managed to get in 82 miles today, temps were mid 50s, top speed today 125 just for a quick blast. Saw five deer total today no sustained high speeds lol just a nice pace. Met a state trooper but I was within acceptable limits so no drama lol. Here’s the only pics I took while out today. Let’s see what tomorrow brings hopefully I can squeeze a ride in between everything else going on lol.

0EC5F2B3-D8A2-4973-8DD7-5ABD02907365.jpeg

B7FEBCDC-A0CB-4B07-A51A-EEA6B9BDF711.jpeg

I know those top boxes are useful but I just can't get over how they look on a bike such as a Hayabusa, you have such a beautiful bike to have that on there....
Definitely not for everyone, but I needed a change of clothes and boots to work at my friend’s shop so took the box off the concours and put it on the busa to carry all the stuff.

Rode today, did the big circuit 'round the block', over 200 miles.
It was a holiday weekend with Friday being the public holiday, so everyone was returning home and the roads were so busy!
We managed to get passed everyone safely, rows of cars and trailers and trucks and all bunched up traveling at 60 mph.
But there was some big long gaps of no traffic and we made up time !
We passed a group of learner riders and ended up at the same cafe as them, one was on the white '09 Gen 2. They had an instructor "Road Captain" watching over them like a mother duck and her ducklings lol.
dunno what the heck a novice is doing on a Busa?

IMG_0421[1].JPG

IMG_0422[1].JPG

IMG_0423[1].JPG

IMG_0421[1].JPG

IMG_0422[1].JPG

IMG_0423[1].JPG

Did one on my quick loops in today before having to leave for family stuff. This is my local race circuit where when I’m limited in time and just want to satisfy my need for speed. No pics never stopped or got off the bike. Just some high rpm letting Big Shirley sing and open up her lungs a bit. For those of you who don’t venture up in the higher rpm range you are missing out. It’s intoxicating

Temps were mid 50s, saw one deer who was actually in the middle of the road.

Did one on my quick loops in today before having to leave for family stuff. This is my local race circuit where when I’m limited in time and just want to satisfy my need for speed. No pics never stopped or got off the bike. Just some high rpm letting Big Shirley sing and open up her lungs a bit. For those of you who don’t venture up in the higher rpm range you are missing out. It’s intoxicating

Love the bikes name

Back