Who rode/Rides without a Helmet

soapbox.gif
PA is getting rid of the helmet law starting in Sept.
soapbox.gif
Conspiracy Theory: When the organ donations drop off, there's talk of repealing the helmet laws.

Why would they repeal a law that's supposed to enhance safety?

soapbox.gif

I have been riding street bikes for 25 years, and have never ridden withour a helmet. Quite honestly, it nevered occured to me to do so. I have been down hard (multiple fractures and hospital time) at least five times, and the helmets that I wore all received substantial damage.

I simply cannot understand why anyone would risk death and permanent disabilty over something as trivial as wearing a helmet.

Mike

Wow!!! I am shocked at how many states don't have the helmet law and even more shocked that a person would ride a Busa without one???
iamwithstupid.gif

In California it is LAW and a damn good one!!! Helmets can be replaced but your melon can't!! The closest to stripped down I get is short sleeves/tank top but that's about it. Always HELMET, long pants, boots, (sometimes sneakers) gloves..... There's too many nuts out there who don't pay attention to us to even risk going without the lid!!!! Doesn't matter how good of a rider you are, all it takes is one jerk and.......

sorry, I'll get off the
soapbox.gif
Please be careful everyone!!!

Lo

Aside from the other sane reasons to wear one......you wouldn't believe the looks and comments I get with this......
I'm with Techbum, I blew $515 on my Hayden Arai Replica Corsair and another $70 for the mirrored shield cause it looks awesome, also went with the Arai for the comfort... But I get just as many comments about my lid as I do my bike. And as far as riding w/o one, I can't get out of my driveway w/o a bug flying into my shield.
idea.gif

Lo I think you misunderstand I am not against wearing a helmet I am against being in the most free country in the world where law makers need to keep busy and keep there jobs so they make new laws everyday. I dont want anyone to take away my rights. Guns kill more people than not wearing a helmet and you dont see anyone getting away with taking all of our guns away.

Lo I think you misunderstand I am not against wearing a helmet I am against being in the most free country in the world where law makers need to keep busy and keep there jobs so they make new laws everyday. I dont want anyone to take away my rights. Guns kill more people than not wearing a helmet and you dont see anyone getting away with taking all of our guns away.

Where did you get that Techbum?

I always wear a helmet on the Busa but sometimes on the Harley I don't. I know better but still find my self out on the Road King without one sometimes.

face7.gif
In Florida you can ride without a helmet. I just prefer wearing my Shoei X11 all the time, to keep what little gray matter I have, where it does the most good. I like to keep my self in one piece for my wife and kids as well! It also cuts down on the wind noise and wear and tear on my face from the road debrie, bugs, and what not.

Back