Who rides the most ??

kennym4

Registered
I'm sure the people in the warmer states (that can ride all year) have more total miles, but on an average week how many miles do you put on the Busa ? and Where do you live ?

I'm just wondering if the Cali Boys & Girls kill the rest of us ??

Yes, you can easily ride year round here.

I only travel about 10,000 miles a year on the bike. That's really not that much, there are lots that ride a whole lot more.

Big ride coming up this weekend, 4 days, 1200 miles. Spooned on new shoes, pads & rear rotor last night. :cheerleader:

At the peak, I was riding 25,000 miles per year during college. No car in those days. Rain or shine riding.

Img_3327-CallahanRiders.jpg

Img_3327-CallahanRiders.jpg

Yes, you can easily ride year round here.

I only travel about 10,000 miles a year on the bike. That's really not that much, there are lots that ride a whole lot more.

Big ride coming up this weekend, 4 days, 1200 miles. Spooned on new shoes, pads & rear rotor last night. :cheerleader:

At the peak, I was riding 25,000 miles per year during college. No car in those days. Rain or shine riding.

View attachment 156575

Some may have put on more miles, but I bet few have put on as many BEAUTIFUL miles as you !! I LOVE looking at the pictures from your rides !!!

Not very many maybe a couple hundred a week, sometimes I don't ride until the weekend.

4 years, 2 bikes 75,000 miles. Riding from November-March in Missouri is alot less frequent than the other months.

Let me see... current Busa 8 months +- 26000 km (16250 miles).
Bike before that +- 23000 miles/yr.
I stay in SA, so we have summer all year:) almost....

I usually put on about 10,000 miles a year. I live in Canada where we only have 5 months of riding season.

During the season (here in New England that is April thru the end of OCt) I average about 500 miles a week on a bike.

I bought my Busa the end of August of last year used with exactly 4012 miles on her. She reads 19,423 this morning. So that's 15,411 miles in a year. I also ride 2 harley's during the same time period. I live in southern ohio and pretty much out in the sticks. A trip to town is 40 miles one way. We have a regular summer/fall/winter/spring here and I never put any of my bikes "up" they are always ready to ride. My criteria is: if it's 40 or above and no percipitation when i leave, i'm riding. Oh and my truck sees about 30k a year too! I've put 85,000 on my springer softtail since 10/96 and my shovelhead has seen around 40k since 6/03. Not even gonna tell ya what the Schwinn has on her! :laugh:

i try to do 100 miles a day and no less than 300 when the weekend comes around. bought my busa in aug,08 (its an 07). last night when i got home, gauge was at 11,530. i reside in NH

Last Month I put 0 miles on the busa
Its broke
Smoked two pistons :(

I'll bring up the rear of this contest. I've currently got about 2400 miles after owning the bike since 11/01/08, brand new with zero mile. That's an average of a mere 240 miles/month and will net a bit under 3000/year.

Now, for the excuses as to why so few miles:

Rain! I hate it and I really try to avoid riding in it. Even so, and in spite of originally swearing that my Hayabusa would never see rain, I've been caught in it three times now, two times have been massive thunder storms/down pours that were absolutely unsafe for riding.

Below Freezing Temps: Here in the DC Metro area we get our fair share of below freezing days and the early mornings and evenings in winter are frequently supportive of black ice/frozen puddles, etc. I won't ride if there might be ice out there b/c, in my experience, I have yet to come up with a viable strategy to maintain traction on ice. ;)

Lack of sleep: If I don't get enough sleep to feel up on my riding game, I simply won't ride. IMHO, one of the greatest safety risks is to ride tired, so I don't.

Short commute: With a round trip of about 15 miles I enjoy what many folks envy - a short commute with no freeways in the route and a 20 minute or less travel time. However, 15 miles a day when it doesn't rain and isn't freezing just doesn't add up to a lot of miles.

Weekend rides: They just don't always happen, in spite of my best intentions. My longest weekend ride was with a group led by Postal and Sageronin of ECHR fame. That ride was about 250 miles for me from driveway to driveway. That's over 10% of my current mileage!!! I've ridden several 175 mile days solo. But the reality is that between weather, work, family and friends, I just don't have/make the kind of time to ride that I would have in the past.

1st oil change disaster: This caused me to miss the WV trip that the ECHR held earlier this year. The night before the trip I needed to change the oil, so I tried to put the bike on the stand that I had just bought. Never put a bike on a stand before - and that didn't change. Instead, I put my perfect/still like new Hayabusa on it's side on my garage floor. After I finished crying and screaming at the gods, I proceeded with the oil change. Since it was my first time doing so, the change took far longer than I planned and I managed to stay up late enough that I didn't have enough time to sleep AND make the WV ride, sooooo....I missed out on some of the best miles that I might have ridden this year.

So there ya have it. The struggles of a low mileage rider. At least when I do ride, it's kinda like Christmas morning! :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

On Avg about 300/350 miles on the Weekends. Gotta love having Sat and Sun off.

Average 650 miles/week on my '08.

Currently over 52,000 miles.

Of course it'd be more than that, but I have racked up some frequent flyer miles on airlines and upgrades on rental cars this year, as well...:laugh:...put 1,000 more miles on my Gen1, and logged 5,000+ more miles on my cage.

Last edited:
When I bought my 02 a 17 months ago, I had 9653 miles on it. I am now at 20100. I put more miles this riding season than last season. In GA, it gets like 15 degrees at the lowest. My rule of thumb is 55 degrees or better in the early morning means I will ride. Anything below that, she stays in the garage. Even then I will fire her up every few days and at least take her around my neighborhood for a spin. She does not get stored away. I don't get the good miles in because I am a biotch.:laugh:

Back