Who rides supermoto????

B00ST00

Registered
I like my busa and have 21k on it but the last season and a half ive had the itch bad for a supermoto.... you know something I can drop and not have to worry about 3k in fairings! Well I ended up finding an 03 WR450 with a street title/ lights/ and 17's. Suspension and brakes need to be done but its a good platform and I got a great deal on it.
WR4501_zpsecb68793.jpg

Sweet bike! I was looking to do the same thing with a Honda CRF 450R but like you said "who rides supermoto?" Not sure but I think most of the tracks and following are out west. Haven't heard much about races or riders for that matter on the east coast

I got a sumo a couple months ago. Haven't been on the track yet, but loads of fun to ride.

2012-110.jpg

Thanks man! I was also looking at the 450r/x platforms but the engines need some top end work to be reliable from what ive read and they were TOUGH to find locally with street titles. I have one friend that has a KTM 625 that i'll ride with but it seems SM riders are few and far between.

Kairles- Nice Husky! I would definitly like to do a track day on mine after the susp and brakes are worked out!

They def are fun, and with riders being anywhere near equal in ability the SM always tends to be waiting on the sports at the stop sign. :laugh: That is of course if there aren't too many straights for them to gain ground back. To me they feel like riding a recliner thru the twisties, takes maybe 25% of the effort it does to do the same on a sport.

When I first really started noticing them I went out a got a DRZ just to see what the buzz was about. Ended up really liking it and thought I wanted more so I went and got a new 2010 SXV 5.5 Aprillia. Now mind you it was a straight out race bike at 250lb with 70hp close to doubling the DRZ's 38hp and losing close to 50lb from the Z's weight at around 298lb. Yes, it was twice the bike power wise but also price wise and reqired 10X the maintenence. Between the 50-55 miles per tank and 300 mile interval oil changes plus everything else it was like dating a smokin stripper, high maintenence. Sexy as all get out, a blast to ride and always had others wishing they had it. Front tire would probably last forever cause it never wanted to stay on the ground. But it always seemed as though I went to take out a SM I would hop on the girl next door DRZ, always ready when you were,never complained,didn't mind if you hung a right and went down thru the woods and I just seemed to enjoy riding it a lot more. Mind game I guess, easier to thrash on $4k than 10 and not worry about it. Ended up selling the SXV cause all it ended up doing was sitting in den on stands and looking pretty.
Don't ride it as much as I use to but I'll probably always keep it as a just in case I want to bike. And if you ever have a time when evasive actions need to be taken then a SM if def the right bike to do it on. :laugh:

!Byizd)wBWk~$(KGrHqF,!h0Ew5QsVqbPBMSKj3dYsQ~~_3.jpg

DSCN7746.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

Nice bikes! I almost bought a 5.5 but couldnt justify the extra maintenance as I have very little free time as it is! I've been out on my WR two times so far and its been an absolute blast, going to de restrict it as soon as I get back in town from business.

I rode around with a certain member here for a week last April on one.. :whistle:

Back