Who Reloads?

I have a Dillon Progressive and I agree with everything the others said about getting training. Almost all gun shops have some sort of reloading classes you can take. It is very beneficial. Try to remember you are working with things that can go boom...I only shoot 3 calibers..so I keep it kinda of simple. For example a .45 caliber will need a large bore pistol cap, certain type of gunpowder designed for that type of pistol and it will require a certain amount of grains of powder, and a certain weight of bullet. When you set things up for the .45 caliber on the Dillon what I did was buy three different powder dispensers, bullet dispensers..and such. It can be really bad news to add too much powder to a single case...for example...let's say you weren't paying close attention and one of your bullets didn't seat correctly at the last stage of the progressive (progressive means it goes through a bunch of steps..like depriming, primering, adding powder, and adding bullet)...so you don't pull the handle down because you have to fix the mess with the badly seated bullet...but remember when that bullet was poorly seated in another part of the wheel powder was added to a case...so now you head is up your arse and you try to get a new bullet to seat on the previous mess-up...you had better not have added 2x the powder to the previous stage in the progressive...boom! when you shoot...
You can also pick up used brass at gun shows...shooting ranges...after police get done at the ranges...If you shoot alot it is almost mandatory that you reload. But like the others said...it is not a cheap hobby. I think I have close to 2K or more in my Dillon with all of the different dies, tumblers, scales, and stuff...Get with some gun club guys...every area has a gun club and they like having new guys come in...highly recommend it..2hip

Mr B...if shtf?...like Sam Elliot said to mel gibson in the movie "Once We Were Soldiers" when mel asked him where his rifle was as they were deploying to the LZ?...sam said...

"There'll be plenty of'em lay'in on the ground when we get there"

i've owned plenty of M1a's, M1 .30 Carbines (sweet little rifle that was btw) ar's, ak's...too numerous to list...but ya know what?..if you ever get in a situation where you need hardware like that?...you already screwed up cause your life expectancy will be measured in seconds...which is why i don't own any of those (primarily offensive rather than defensive by mission design) high cap short range spray guns anymore...just a couple good, well scoped rifles...ones a 30.06 w/ a Baush & Lomb and the other is a heavy barreld FN in .308 w/ a 3-10X42 swarovski bolted on top...and if i have a need for more ammo or a burning desire to lug a spraygun aroud as well?...like sam said...i'll pick it up off the ground...and ther'll be about 500yds of dif between the time i start landing lead and the time they can even start thinking about pulling the trigger...let alone spotting me in the 1st place...lends the option to pick and choose yer fights and?...survive...which will be the name of the game.

urban and suburb areas will be hot zones where no man will last long...i'll be headed out to the wetlands...where i can keep my family safe and see for miles with big glass...the snakes and the gators will be my brothers who will help me demoralize my enemies.

just my thoughts..L8R, Bill. :cool:

The more likely scenario is that your Second Amendment rights will be whittled and chipped away slowly until they're gone. When the sh1t hits the fan we will be mostly disarmed. The fight that needs to be fought is now in order to preserve our Constitutional Rights.

The more likely scenario is that your Second Amendment rights will be whittled and chipped away slowly until they're gone. When the sh1t hits the fan we will be mostly disarmed. The fight that needs to be fought is now in order to preserve our Constitutional Rights.

"The more likely scenario is that your Second Amendment rights will be whittled and chipped away slowly until they're gone."

wrong...you're assuming we have that much time...and i don't think we do...we'll be long invaded and overthrown without a shot being fired...like stalin said...we'll fall from within.

"When the sh1t hits the fan we will be mostly disarmed."

Nah...there's still (even younger) generations of way too many "When they pry it from my cold dead fingers" types still in existance..including myself...maybe not in NYC, DC, Los Angeles, San Diego etc...but you head south of the Mason Dixon line or west of the missisipi (except cali)?....and it's on...ain't many voluntarily gett'in disarmed in those areas of our nation...this ain't australia.

" The fight that needs to be fought is now in order to preserve our Constitutional Rights."

agreed...but i don't mean we fight by sending millions to the NRA...i mean "fight"...not "Pay-Off".

jmho & L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back