Who parks their bike outside at night? Who uses a bike alarm?

MR Felt

Registered
We are temporarily in a small condo in Scottsdale. I have my bike stored at a friends house about 6 blocks south of us. It would sure be nice if the bike was parked right out side my door. The thought I have is to put an alarm on it and a bike cover, or just drive six blocks, leave the car at our friends when I want to ride to work? What do you think.

Do not know much about Scottsdale except that it is a "nice" part of town. My 2 cents: leave the bike in your friend's house.

We are temporarily in a small condo in Scottsdale. I have my bike stored at a friends house about 6 blocks south of us. It would sure be nice if the bike was parked right out side my door. The thought I have is to put an alarm on it and a bike cover, or just drive six blocks, leave the car at our friends when I want to ride to work? What do you think.

i lived in az for 2 years trust me you dont want to park your bike outside... you will walk outside and find your bike is on its way to mexico lol, it actually happened to a buddy of mine they cut through a chain and a disc lock

park the bike at friends place, drive over whenever you feel like riding. better safe then sorry esp. with riding season starting out bikes left outside overnight are just begging to get plucked. :2cents:

If there is a garage 6 blocks away, I would be using that for sure. Even chaining up a bike doesn't slow them down for long. The only really effective way to protect your machine is with a GPS tracking style alarm, and even then you are at the mercy of what the punks do to your bike till you can get it recovered..

I didn't move into a couple really nice apartments in South Florida just because they had open parking and it's really really hard to get the bike upto the 2nd floor. If your buddy doesn't mind letting you use the garage it's your best a safest bet. Better to have to go 6 blocks then to file an insurance claim for a stolen bike. Right now i'm living 8 miles away from my bike just so it can be parked in a garage at my mother's house.

This condo is more like an apartment complex with limited parking.
Alarms are a nice deterrent, but you're situation is the number one way bikes go missing. When I was in a situation like yours I had to chain my bikes to the carport poles with multiple chains and covers to keep them. Bikes around me were disappearing constantly. Even if somebody doesn't take it they'll prolly mess with it, even covered. I'd leave it off the premises as well. Alot of people are pure scum that should be tortured to death because they won't let you own anything decent without having to hide it. Sickening....

Inside, inside, inside, INSIDE!! Out of sight out of mind. Mine is inside and chained + alarmed, what these crooks will do is watch your bike for a spell, walk by, figure out what tools are needed to do the job and then your bikes as good as gone. Keep it inside and do the 8 block walk, There's a reason no one has told you otherwise

I beg of you. Leave it at your friends house. Being around the grudge racing scene for a while now and i hear too many stories of guys going into nice neighborhoods to find bikes. In a weeks time from them stealing it, it would be lowered, stretched and taking all the nitrous she could handle

When i was in college in North Carolina, my cousin use to keep his 07 gsxr 1000 in the kitchen. :laugh: not sayin put it in the kitchen but if there was a spare room n the house...... u know where im going with this.

But if u have a woman(boss) like mines. that s$$t is not going to happen :laugh:

Not advisable,too far away to notice if anything happended to your bike.
I stayed at 3rd storey,one day i heard a loud thud.Taxi driver reverse and bang into my bike parked below my block.

Back