Who Owns a B-King here?

I have one and love it, I thought my GSXR-1000 was fun, but the B-King is well i guess you would say KING.:thumbsup:

There was one at the Fall Bash. Think he came with GSXR1300-T, but i forget his name:banghead:

img_0410.jpg

Also does any one know how many B-kings were made? Just curious since it looks like they are a one year only deal, Been thinking about trading mine in for a 2009 busa but not real sure, I love the king but my ol lady thinks that we need a busa for some reason, :banghead: But the king really is awesome. This is also a great site glad i found it.:thumbsup:

I have a Busa and a B-King and I love both of them, they are a blast to ride and they both shine in their own way. Your right they only brought 350 B-Kings into the US. They are a one year bike they say because of the economy and they did not sell as well as they had thought they would. I guess most people in the US thought the bike was too radical looking so they did not buy them. Another thing I have noticed is many Busa owners don't like the B-King and almost look at the B-King as a bastard child. Same motor 2nd gen Busa, but no real respect. I have read some people are worried about getting parts for the king, and are thinking of bailing out on their bikes. Suzuki will not let the owners of these bikes hang they will sell the needed parts.

Has anyone else dynoed theirs? Put mine on first time at about 2,000 miles and it did 148.73 max power and 154.38 max speed, thats when i found out it was limited in 5th and 6th did not know that tell then. And then put ivans TRE on it and dynoed it again at about 5,300 miles and it went 155.94 max power and 193.32 max speed, so needless to say i was alot happier. Besides the TRE it is all stock.

154.38 max speed...

it went 155.94 max power and 193.32 max speed, so needless to say i was alot happier. Besides the TRE it is all stock.

Holy moly! 40mph with a TRE? :thumbsup: The new X-Tre was designed with the B-King in mind.

I will put my dynos of mine on here if somone call tell me how to do it, I can not figure it out. Thank you.:banghead:

Has anyone else dynoed theirs? Put mine on first time at about 2,000 miles and it did 148.73 max power and 154.38 max speed, thats when i found out it was limited in 5th and 6th did not know that tell then. And then put ivans TRE on it and dynoed it again at about 5,300 miles and it went 155.94 max power and 193.32 max speed, so needless to say i was alot happier. Besides the TRE it is all stock.

I just laid down a stock dyno run before some mods and I hit 164.78 to the tire. I was pretty impressed, was shooting for a base of 155-159 so very happy with the numbers.

The X TRE made a huge difference in the top speed on the dyno as well.

When I finish up with the mods I'll post up pics. Hopefully by Monday.

Just curious what was your top speed?

Top speed on the dyno is going to be gear*RPM limited. On the road it's going to be aerodynamically limited. The B-King will have way to much drag to see anything near 190ish without a really nice boost from NOS or a turbo.

Top speed on the dyno was 192. Real world... yet to be tested but I'd guess 175 would be very difficult but possible.

I have a Busa and a B-King and I love both of them, they are a blast to ride and they both shine in their own way. Your right they only brought 350 B-Kings into the US. They are a one year bike they say because of the economy and they did not sell as well as they had thought they would. I guess most people in the US thought the bike was too radical looking so they did not buy them. Another thing I have noticed is many Busa owners don't like the B-King and almost look at the B-King as a bastard child. Same motor 2nd gen Busa, but no real respect. I have read some people are worried about getting parts for the king, and are thinking of bailing out on their bikes. Suzuki will not let the owners of these bikes hang they will sell the needed parts.

I don't think the demise of the B-king was the economy (although it didn't help)
it suffered from
#1 - an MSRP of $2,500 more than the Busa
#2 - That huge arse gas tank...the King looks awesome from the side
especially with aftermarket exhaust but looks terrible from the front over the
wheel or above the tank. It's not "radical"...it's well...never mind.

If Zuk engineers would have put a normal (or close to it) looking tank and
the bean counters made the MSRP near the 11,500 mark...the B-king would
still be with us.

I rode one, several times in fact, at daytona, but...I can't get past the tank
so big a family of four could play parchisi on or the extra $$$. I'd rather just
buy a new busa (and put the extra $2,500 into aftermarket goodies),
which seems to the popular choice.

Also, IMHO...Suzuki will leave B-kings out to dry when the dollars say so...
If that weren't the case, you would have seen a "real 2nd gen" busa, not
just a warming over of current design.

Last edited:
I just laid down a stock dyno run before some mods and I hit 164.78 to the tire. I was pretty impressed, was shooting for a base of 155-159 so very happy with the numbers.

The X TRE made a huge difference in the top speed on the dyno as well.

When I finish up with the mods I'll post up pics. Hopefully by Monday.

Thats awesome! Basically ten more horse than mine.:thumbsup:

Back