Who Makes the Preferred Helmet?

Preferred Helmet Manufacturer

• Total voters
I like the Icon, those are nice helmets, light, well constructed, ventilated, nos to noisy, great graphics. Overall a very nice helmets:thumbsup:

I wore an Arai for work for 7 years. Great fit and very durable. But I must say for my personal bike, I have really loved my Shoei x-12 more than any helmet I have ever worn.

i got an agv 'angels' in red when i got the beast- no complaints... and it looks awesome!

p.s. - no bell?

Shoei Bell Star carbon..... bought this hemet a couple years ago and have never really been happy with it. it just doesn't have a quality feel to it. I liked it when I first got it but after some time I don't like it any longer. it was noisy all the time and wud want to lift on me going down the highway at 150+. and the padding just wasn't the same quality of an Arai. but the Arai is noisy too. think I'm goin with the Shoei this time.

HJC in 3rd place behind the much more expensive Arai and Shoei...guess I'm not surprised, though in my humble opinion, the HJCs are a better value for riders that don't have the kind of cash the other two brands demand.

Shoei is my choice! Had an arai & hjc and there is no comparison to the weight or lack of noise from a shoei.

image.jpg

Based on the Sharp testing in the UK, who does a lot more in depth testing than "Hulk smash twice!" (meaning they test different hits on different areas, test likelihood of brain damage and whatnot):

SHARP Helmets - THE HELMET SAFETY SCHEME

SHARP analyses national and international crash studies – helping us to select the test points that are most representative of ‘real world’ crashes.

For every helmet model, we run 32 tests on seven helmets across a range of sizes – assessing how well each helmet could protect the brain in the event of a crash. To ensure the validity of our assessment, we only test helmets that we ourselves have purchased from retail outlets. It is important that the helmets we test are the same as those you would buy yourself.

We then go to work, testing each helmet by impacting them against anvils to represent flat surfaces and kerbs. SHARP tests are carried out at three different speeds to ensure the helmet provides good protection during both high and low severity impacts. Despite the risk of injury being much lower during less severe crashes, even a small risk could result in riders being seriously or fatally injured.

Last time I looked, Bell scored highest across their entire lineup. I didn't see anyone else with that consistency. For example, higher end HJC did OK but the low ones did poorly. Shoei did nice, but not all their helmets scored well (Really, that went for just about everyone except Bell).

I've never owned a Bell, but my next helmet is likely Bell or Arai.

Back