Who loves Pink Floyd?

Hey Greg have you been to the 'Pink Floyd Experience' they do a fantastic job recreating perfectly - album like :)
No I haven't seen The Experience . . . some mates that have seen them said it was incredible . . . if they ever come to ChCh on tour I'll definitely go see their show!

I am a fan. For many, many reasons. Saw them on the Division Bell tour in the Rose Bowl back in 94. That was an experience I will never forget.
Wow, sounds like an amazing concert!
I'm jealous of you guys that live in big countries that have major bands tour on a regular basis. . . being down here in NZ we get quite a few big acts but Pink Floyd have never been here sadly.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like an amazing concert! I'm jealous of you guys that live in big countries that have major bands tour on a regular basis. . . being down here in NZ we get quite a few big acts but Pink Floyd have never been here sadly.

Jealous you say? :confused: :) How about Jeff Beck, Ray Manzarek the Doors keyboard player, Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks, Leon Russell, Shana Morrison, yes, Van’s daughter, had dinner with her and my daughter before one of her shows, Norton Buffalo, Roy Rogers, the Stones, Randy Newman, Steve Winwood, Santana and lil Bobby Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan. Those are a few off the top of my head that I’ve seen in the last ten years or so. The list from the 60s/70s is very long (ya shoulda been there):cool:. Except for Beck, Hicks, the Stones, Santana and Dylan, all were @ small clubs to boot! Sadly, Leon’s gone now as is Ray, Dan and Norton.:confused:

Wow, sounds like an amazing concert!
I'm jealous of you guys that live in big countries that have major bands tour on a regular basis. . . being down here in NZ we get quite a few big acts but Pink Floyd have never been here sadly.
Best rock concert I've ever seen, hands down. I worked for a security company in the late 80"s/early 90's and I got paid to see a lot. Metallica, GnR, Grateful Dead, The Eagles, etc. and this was better than all. 129000 was the capacity and it was sold out. Absolutely incredible experience.

I was alive, but not old enough to attend concerts. My first awareness of Pink Floyd came a couple of years later with the Wish You Were Here album. I was a kid but an older cousin had the album and played it over and over.
I was 19, with a long legged hot blonde, on my '72 Honda 750. They were selling acid on the way from parking to the stadium. No thanks! Those were the days!:D

a lot of joints were passed around
I dabbled,but never inhaled.

For some reason I never cared for Pink Floyd or the Doors, or music of that type.....don't know why but I never really caught onto these types of groups....

For those of us that love the Floyd, and also love to hear other TALENTED guitarists take on Floyd's big hits, have a listen to this guy . .
He's good.
Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Beautiful. Thank you Kiwi. More of that any day
Been listening to a bit of music over the last few weeks.
Rare opportunity to actually sit and listen as opposed to background

For some reason I never cared for Pink Floyd or the Doors, or music of that type.....don't know why but I never really caught onto these types of groups....
Where do your musical tastes lie? I'm surprised you don't like Pink Floyd, but I never really liked the Doors either.

Where do your musical tastes lie? I'm surprised you don't like Pink Floyd, but I never really liked the Doors either.
I am pretty versatile when it comes to music actually. I like modern country and old rock....

I think because I have 5 grand daughters I've listened to more "power lady" singers than I'd like to..singers like Carrie Underwood, Katy Perry and the like....

The good news with this is, once the grand daughters have left, so has the "power ladies"

….I was going to add, I grew up with the real old country rammed down my neck by the old man, you know the old nasally singers....it was that or nothing, he played this in the house, vehicle, barn, everywhere...

It was a reprieve sometimes to go somewhere with my brother (10 yrs older) and he would play the good music in his car...

Back