Who loses their job while on vacation?

I know it sounds fishy, I concur and would be saying the same thing you are. Honestly I completed like 4 or 5 major projects, was there early, had to stay late ever night and close, I busted my ass for 82 days. My boss was promoted on her relationship with her boss. She does not write or speak very well, has no degree ( I am working on my third), dresses in tight club gear, has a gold cap on one of her teeth, leaves early every day, and is best friends with on of my peers. All of my associated who called me in shock on Friday tell me that she was obviously intimidated by me and that is why they think this happened. I won't voice my opinion on that, but the woman definitely was never warm and fuzzy told me. I said on the phone with her, another manager and the hr lady that I felt completely blindsided as I never had a clue that this was going to happen, the response from HR was that she could terminate me without warning or reason during probation. :banghead:

sounds like a raw deal for sure, though I suspect a call to the local EEOC might yield something, particularly if you can highlight some of the twists...or if you know the higher ups number, call them and just be like, look I dont get it, I think you have a staffing issue in dept X. Spell out the accomplishments you did, how she conducts herself, etc and just tell them you wanted to make sure they dont continue to chew through resources because of her incompetence :whistle:

Not like you are going go back there with her in place, but who knows maybe they can her and bring you back in, sounds like you actually got things done :thumbsup: Problem is you would want to do that after you secure a new job, people in the same industry talk and you wouldnt want to be on a hiring black list

Sounds like she feared for her own job. Happens a lot. Sorry to hear. Good luck finding something.

Actually, Florida is a "right to work" state. The company, or you, can end your employment at will. No cause has to be given. Regardless of why, as long as you were not terminated based on sex, religion, etc..you don't have any recourse. Regardless, it's not a very professional way for the company to handle it. Karma will get her eventually......

sounds like a raw deal for sure, though I suspect a call to the local EEOC might yield something, particularly if you can highlight some of the twists...or if you know the higher ups number, call them and just be like, look I dont get it, I think you have a staffing issue in dept X. Spell out the accomplishments you did, how she conducts herself, etc and just tell them you wanted to make sure they dont continue to chew through resources because of her incompetence :whistle:

Not like you are going go back there with her in place, but who knows maybe they can her and bring you back in, sounds like you actually got things done :thumbsup: Problem is you would want to do that after you secure a new job, people in the same industry talk and you wouldnt want to be on a hiring black list

I like that idea!!

I hear ya brother it happened to me I was going to laconia for a week and got laid off the day before I was leaving:moon:

As one door closes, another one opens...you may end up going back some day and thanking her..good luck.

As one door closes, another one opens...you may end up going back some day and thanking her..good luck.

Thank you sir!

And Poppy is definitely right about Florida, termination can be on either side. If you quit without giving your two weeks they cannot put you on the do not hire list.

Wow, isnt that a nice kick in the pants, damn bastids.

All things happen for a reason i guess, youll find something soon i hope.

Thank you sir!

And Poppy is definitely right about Florida, termination can be on either side. If you quit without giving your two weeks they cannot put you on the do not hire list

But do not think that HR managers do not talk "Off the record" so to speak........

Sounds like you got a ****ty deal, though

But do not think that HR managers do not talk "Off the record" so to speak........

Sounds like you got a ****ty deal, though

I also agree with this! lol very true sir

and thank you so much for the overwhelming support, you all have made me feel much better about this!

Wow!!!! That sucks big time. I really hope you can find an even better one soon.!! As for your ex-boss............. I'll just keep that one to myself.!!

I have an interview tomorrow at 9 am! :D
Its not in management but the pay is only $1,000 less and the hours are better. Hopefully it will work out for me

:cool: let us know how it goes

I did awesome, job offer is pending background check, start date is April 16th (which works out perfect as I will be returning from Costa Rica on the 15th!)

Wow things might actually workout for me. Thank you again to all of you for the support!

Rongotti said:
I did awesome, job offer is pending background check, start date is April 16th (which works out perfect as I will be returning from Costa Rica on the 15th!)

Wow things might actually workout for me. Thank you again to all of you for the support!

Good job sir. I will keep my fingers crossed that they don't find out about that time we went to Mexico and tore it up for the weekend. ;)

So I got my official offer letter today, I was offerered (and I accepted) an Assistant Vice President job with a top 5 bank in the world. Wow, I can't believe that this terrible experience ended in a huge promotion.

I had actually applied for the wrong job, I thought I was interviewing for a supervisor position, but I decided to try and own it, instead of tuck tail and run, and it worked out unbelievably well! :-)

Thanks for all the support guys (and gals)

Back