Who loses their job while on vacation?

Rongotti

Registered
This guy!

Wow, go to Myrtle Beach for a golf trip and get called on Friday and told that I was being let go, since it was during my 90 days probation, there really isn't much that I can do. :confused:

How does one get a vacation after being with a company less than 90 days. Even if that is the company's policy it is probably not advisable to use it. Just sayin.

Sorry for your woes.

How does one get a vacation after being with a company less than 90 days. Even if that is the company's policy it is probably not advisable to use it. Just sayin.

Sorry for your woes.

We get vacation after 60 days, and it was a weekend trip that was pre-planned and approved.

Wow, sorry to hear and hope you tried to enjoy the rest of the weekend. They should have called you in Monday

WTF? What kind of bush league operation were you working for?
That just really stinks. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

WTF? What kind of bush league operation were you working for?
That just really stinks. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks guys!

It was with Everbank, I left my previous employer of 4 years for a management job with them. I could tell immediately that my boss did not seem to care for me, and unfortunately aparently that is enough to get rid of me. Sucks to be unemployed in this economy.

what kinda work do you do? I hear LPS has some openings for various roles and they are essentially right in the same spot as everbank

Nice! I will check them out, I am in mortgages
Thanks Zuk!

Thats exactly what they do, actually they are a clearing house of sorts for all other mortgage places. I know a few folks in the IT side there, not sure where the openings are but let me know if you dont see anything I can ask one of them to look on the internal posts :beerchug:

sounds like they were lookn for a reason and found one. question is why were they lookn for that reason???? I would file a complaint with the labor board. if ur vaction was approved and you didnt violate any departmental procedures then they have to give you a reason for terminating ur employment other then the fact that you took a few approved days off. sounds like there is something ur not telling us?

Thats exactly what they do, actually they are a clearing house of sorts for all other mortgage places. I know a few folks in the IT side there, not sure where the openings are but let me know if you dont see anything I can ask one of them to look on the internal posts :beerchug:

Sweet! Yea I have used some of their system software for years, I will definitely check, thank you for the heads up sir.

Sorry to here that wasn't Right,did they give you any reason???

Thanks man, yea that was pretty grimey I though. She said that she didn't feel I was a good fit for the department, and that no specif reasons had to be given because I was in probation. From the start I could tell that I was like the outsider of the management team, I was younger with more education and experience than most of them though. They say to never outshine your boss, so maybe me wearing a suit daily compared to her club attire I did just that.

That just stinks! I'm so sorry to hear :(

Sent from Space via Forum Runner

sounds like they were lookn for a reason and found one. question is why were they lookn for that reason???? I would file a complaint with the labor board. if ur vaction was approved and you didnt violate any departmental procedures then they have to give you a reason for terminating ur employment other then the fact that you took a few approved days off. sounds like there is something ur not telling us?

I know it sounds fishy, I concur and would be saying the same thing you are. Honestly I completed like 4 or 5 major projects, was there early, had to stay late ever night and close, I busted my ass for 82 days. My boss was promoted on her relationship with her boss. She does not write or speak very well, has no degree ( I am working on my third), dresses in tight club gear, has a gold cap on one of her teeth, leaves early every day, and is best friends with on of my peers. All of my associated who called me in shock on Friday tell me that she was obviously intimidated by me and that is why they think this happened. I won't voice my opinion on that, but the woman definitely was never warm and fuzzy told me. I said on the phone with her, another manager and the hr lady that I felt completely blindsided as I never had a clue that this was going to happen, the response from HR was that she could terminate me without warning or reason during probation. :banghead:

Back