Who is the best engine builder

Stealthy

Registered
So, im about to finally pick up a second gen, and the plan is to tear down ASAP and build this thing. Im looking for the best builder to go with in the Southwest. Im in Phoenix, AZ. Thank you for any input.

Best builder for what exactly? You doing a turbo build, Nitrous build, or Big Bore etc? You gave a pretty vague generalization of what exactly your looking for and what type of HP you want. Need to be more specific.......... is this for street, drag? Stuff like that

Sorry, i wasnt thinking about the differences. Lol. I was tired when i posted. Okay, so here's what I like to do. I want to build a turbo bike for the street that I occasionally race. My goals are to go big turbo run a 250+ standing mile then downgrade just the turbo to a much smaller turbo for street use and retune somewhere around 400 hp max. It will only have a six over swingarm, and will have stock bodywork. I'm looking to build a fast street bike, not a race bike. My main concern is it's reliability afterwards. I understand that you can choose cheap, fast, or reliable, but only have two I want fast and reliable.

Gunslinger Motorsports in west phoenix does good work...he's got a really nice drag busa too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree!I've known Chris since '08 when he built my turbo Busa,great guy and smart as they come(bike pictured is a 1507 he built and has raced most every weekend for the past year or so).I talk to him every week and will PM you his cell phone #,give him a call and/or go see him.:thumbsup:

MegaWatt lives in the southwest and has a turbo bike he puts alot of miles on with no issues that have been reported here, maybe a PM to him could give ya an option.

Hi GC, I put a con rod through the block of my dry-sumped 1400 the other day. I'm in Victoria. Are you still building motors?

We could build your engine for you not a problem.

If you decide to stay more in your region I'd stay away from heads up. I have 2 vehicles that he's built at my shop right now with issues. One needing a new motor after it locked up after 6 passes.

We could build your engine for you not a problem.

If you decide to stay more in your region I'd stay away from heads up. I have 2 vehicles that he's built at my shop right now with issues. One needing a new motor after it locked up after 6 passes.

I've done business with Scott at Heads Up in SLC for years. I'd be interested in what went wrong, the stuff he has done for me has been deadass reliable.

Back