Who is ready for airbags?

I guess if you can choose to clip it on or leave it off, I would use one fro certain situations....many actually. I'm leery about these automatic safety controls for more extreme riding however. Most of the time, highly skilled road racers leave the TC off because they are still better than it is. Looks the same with how that airbag inflates before the bike goes down.

Long and the short of it is, if I know I'm doing something risky, I guess I'm willing to take that risk or I wouldn't be doing it.

Would the airbag save you in a 200 mph crash? I'd wear it for that.

We are selling these at my work, around $2000 plus you need a compatible jacket . . $1200, adds up to a lot of cash !
We have sold a few lately, not bad for a small market like NZ.

I guess if you can choose to clip it on or leave it off, I would use one fro certain situations....many actually. I'm leery about these automatic safety controls for more extreme riding however. Most of the time, highly skilled road racers leave the TC off because they are still better than it is. Looks the same with how that airbag inflates before the bike goes down.

Long and the short of it is, if I know I'm doing something risky, I guess I'm willing to take that risk or I wouldn't be doing it.

Would the airbag save you in a 200 mph crash? I'd wear it for that.
Yeah, it's kind of like insurance, when you know you are insured, you'll probably take more risks, I know that for me, when I have been driving my car uninsured, (insurance in NZ is optional) I am very very aware of uther idiots posing a risk and always watching out.

when I have been driving my car uninsured, (insurance in NZ is optional) I am very very aware of uther idiots posing a risk and always watching out.
Same here. I never have had more than liability and you better believe I am extra, extra EXTRA careful with a new vehicle or a bike that I would hate to loose in a crash.

$3000 is worth it if you know will crash in an unsafe environment. I suspect one might suffer some bad injuries from the centrifugal force of rolling in a 200 mph crash?

I lift my rear off the seat to stretch to often to use this not opposed to the inflatable jacket
Seems like the other one if accidentally deploys it will get ugly

Yeah, it's kind of like insurance, when you know you are insured, you'll probably take more risks, I know that for me, when I have been driving my car uninsured, (insurance in NZ is optional) I am very very aware of uther idiots posing a risk and always watching out.
Is the optional insurance due to socialized medicine? Always wondered about that in countries that had SM. Do they still need to carry the same medical coverages we do here in the states?

I don't know what happened officer. I stood up on the pegs to adjust my junk and this damn airbag tried to kill me. Do you think insurance is going to cover this?:lol:

Is the optional insurance due to socialized medicine? Always wondered about that in countries that had SM. Do they still need to carry the same medical coverages we do here in the states?
We have ACC(levy,tax) which is part of our rego (high in bikes) and other ways, no fault system, you or someone crashes, trips over or what ever, you might have to go to hosp or Docs by ambo get xrayed/scanned/bandaged/cast /admitted no bill to you or that BS sueing / liability US folks poo them selves over.
Mostly you will get 80% pay from ACC some employers will top up 20% from your sick leave if you have any or sometimes your annual leave.
If you need surgery for other things you go on a public waiting system which is can be very long or pay $ in premiums and have private insurance to pretty much get whatever fixed straight away.

This is a broad way of how things work down here.

Well, before you know it, the insurance companies will pressure the government into making this mandatory..

No sure about that. They can’t even make helmeted mandatory in all US states.

Helmet laws are mandatory all across Canada and many other countries. Insurance companies have the power. I'm surprised they haven't got all the US states in line yet.

Helmet laws are mandatory all across Canada and many other countries. Insurance companies have the power. I'm surprised they haven't got all the US states in line yet.
Not sure about other states, but in Florida, even motorcycle insurance is optional. You can go buy a brand new busa and finance it with Suzuki and not put insurance on it. They put the balance on a credit card, so is treated as a revolving loan, not an installment loan. You can jump on that same bike and ride it down the road without a helmet, as long as you have a certain amount of medical insurance for yourself. But back to this technology........... I really like the jacket idea and would like one. Maybe they’ll become more popular and be as affordable as a good quality leather jacket.

Not sure about other states, but in Florida, even motorcycle insurance is optional. You can go buy a brand new busa and finance it with Suzuki and not put insurance on it. They put the balance on a credit card, so is treated as a revolving loan, not an installment loan. You can jump on that same bike and ride it down the road without a helmet, as long as you have a certain amount of medical insurance for yourself. But back to this technology........... I really like the jacket idea and would like one. Maybe they’ll become more popular and be as affordable as a good quality leather jacket.
:shocked: Here in Canada, you can be fined up to $10,000 for not having insurance especially if you are in an at fault accident. In order to get plates and stickers for the plates, you need an insurance policy number.

I may be getting one of the vests this season. They do not go off by getting off the bike. It takes a good amount of force to set it off. The vests can be had in the area of $500. Not bad for the comfort of knowing it won’t hurt as bad. Lol. My main concern however is my helmet. I can’t take another concussion.

untitled_by_jambreaker-dcc3q4t.jpg

Same in Va, and Yamaha too.
No medical insurance needed here though.
Liability, or $400 anunual uninsured motorist fee is all that's needed, and dealers don't need proof of that either.

Back