Who is on their original battery?

Bought my 08 in Feb. 08 still has the original battery in it, stays on my Schumacher battery charger. :banana:

Sounds like a lot of original batteries in the 08's. My 08 has the original in it and I've never used a tender on it even during the winter months but I do uncover it and start it up a few times and let it run until the fans come on. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers.:please:

Sounds like a lot of original batteries in the 08's. My 08 has the original in it and I've never used a tender on it even during the winter months but I do uncover it and start it up a few times and let it run until the fans come on. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers.:please:
Quit saying prayers and taking your chances, buy a tender and keep the bike plugged in with the pigtails when you're not riding it. Then you'll get 8 or 9+ years out of a battery like me and the others with tenders do :laugh: I bought the $20 shumachers from wal-mart for my 04 busa and 06 14 not long after I got them. Both are running the original batteries with no signs of weakness at all :thumbsup: A battery every decade sure beats one every 2 years :beerchug:
One heck of a good 20 buck investment if you ask me.....

Got mine 3/13/08 and it finally went bad late summer 2011. About the time the rectifier recall happened. I believe my rectifier took my battery out. Rectifier replaced and a new shorai battery and no problems now.

still on the original 06 but now that i bought it , i kept it on a tender for the couple weeks i didn't have it out this winter. made it a point to be out every month and fortunately it was a mild winter.

On my original 08 battery. I bought a Schumaker battery charger/tender and I use it if the bike sits for more than two weeks. I can't believe you guys don't have destroyed batteries after the winter without a tender on them. Mine would go dead in three months......

Back