Who is faster F1 or MotoGP Bike same track - Quiz?

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
Here is a quiz

Which is faster (F1 Car or MotoGP Bike) on the same race track?
Take you guess on both (1 & 2)

1) F1 or MotoGP?

2) How many sec's one is faster then the other

Official lap records in each of their respective Malaysian Grand Prixs at Sepang. Don't cheat, make a guess then scroll down for the answer its quite amazing

circuit_sepang.jpg

AMAZING......

An F1 car is ( 27 sec’s quicker) then a MotoGP bike on the same track
Here are the lap records

Valentino Rossi MotoGP - 2 Min 00.300

M. Schumacher Ferrari F1 - 1 Min 33.074

it is all about down force that f1 has and bike does not. all about corners.
braking is another, 4 wheel vs. 2wheel (if you reallyshould count the back wheel of bike):rofl:
take off the front and back wing of f1 and moto gp will win!:laugh:

Last edited:
take off the front and back wing of f1 and moto gp will win!:laugh:

Even with the wings off, I'am sure the F1 would still win. 4 wheels vs 2, and their ability to pull g's without wings is still unbeliveable, not to mention their braking. I would say the F1 would lose about 10 sec. without the wings making it 1:43 vs 2 min for the Bike. But I really can't see them losing 27 sec. anywhere.

what is amazing is the displacement of the F1 car...

TURN up your Speakers and Check out this video of a F1 engine test. Make sure you wait until the engine warns up as its totally amazing how the exhaust pipes turn into what looks like molten hot lava is so friggen hot and the engine rev's to 20,000 RPM's. Totally Awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a thread on this at SH org. a couple years ago on CAR VS BIKE corning at Laguna Seca.The factory racing corvette smoked the GP bikes on lap times and the vette is 2500lbs.Can't beat 4 tires when it come to road racing TRUE race cars vs TRUE race bikes.

I just looked at the Lap Records for Laguna Seca and if you compare the MotoGP qualifying from this last summer to the official lap record the bikes are like 15 seconds in the hole! Contact patch and down force are an insurmountable obstacle at that level.

Official lap record- Helio Castroneves- 1:07.722
Fastest lap ever- Sebastian Bourdais- 1:05.880
MotoGP lap record- Casey Stoner- 1:20.700

Read an article a while back about cornering G forces between GP bikes and Formula 1. Bike in a particular corner produced in the neighborhood of 1.2 Gs of cornering force and the F1 car in the same corner produced right at 4 Gs. Downforce and huge contact patches make for big corner speeds.
While on the subject, here's another F1 Dyno test bed run..

here is one for f1 vs superbike ( forget about the boat) halfway you see what the down force of f1 can do! wow!

- F1 Car v Powerboat v Superbike - Features[/url]

TURN up your Speakers and Check out this video of a F1 engine test. Make sure you wait until the engine warns up as its totally amazing how the exhaust pipes turn into what looks like molten hot lava is so friggen hot and the engine rev's to 20,000 RPM's. Totally Awesome

wow! that thing is awesome! i think the f1 cars idle about 10000! :bowdown:

Whats even more impressive is the F1 powerboats. Those things are supposed to turn and accelerate faster than an F1 car though they top at at like 140mph (though I am short an facts at the moment) :rofl:

Turn up the volume here is a really cool video of Martin Brundle talking you thru a few laps from inside an F1 car and the stress's on the body

+1...i saw one once where they hooked up a program to run the engine and make it play the national anthem:bowdown:, does anyone know where that one is?

Amazing cars:bowdown:

Never heard one playing the US anthem, but have heard other songs:

Never heard one playing the US anthem, but have heard other songs:

- We are the champions[/url]

- Renault F1 Song[/url]

thats to cool!:bowdown:thanks for posting those:beerchug:

Clearly 4 wheel vrs. 2 wheel lap times are much different due to the above mentioned reasons.....BUT....I think it has to be mentioned that, in terms of operator skill, physical demands on the body, and overall mind-body requirements of the athelete, WSB, AMA SB and Moto GP are more individually demanding than comparable level 4 wheel competition.
My point is, although fun and interesting to compare, using lap times as the central barometer of contrast, is inadequate at best....and we motorcyclists that test our limits on tracks know that well (especially those of us that cross over to hi performance 4 wheel stuff as well). I don't mean to downplay the world class conditioning and elite skills of top tier 4 wheel competitors (yes, including NASCAR), I just want to make the point that physical, emotional and skill requirements for motorcycle racers at top levels are AT LEAST as high, probably higher than 4 wheelers.
To those that are impressed with lap times on road courses, one has to acknowledge the few unlimited kart racers (250cc shifters)....their lap times aren't much off F1 times!

Raydog

I'd give my left baby donator to take one of those F1 cars for a lap or two!

Back