Who here likes dirt track racin?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Who here likes dirt track racin? Cars that is

Anyone else here love goin to dirt track races? I just started gettin into it in '05
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I grew up surrounded by stock cars... we had countless Monte Carlo bodies sitting around our house.. just waiting to be put on a frame and taken around BelClaire Speedway in Belleville IL... then we progressed to IMCA Modifieds... about that time I left for college.. but I still LOVE going back and hanging out in the pits.. my dad is a "lifetime" member... and former Tech/ Tear Down guy.

Ahh how I miss being pelted with dirt clods while sitting in turn 2...

You should come up to PA sometime Jules. Next sunday is World of Outlaws Super Lates.... promises to be a good time. August is when Outlaw Sprints come back
Posted via Mobile Device

hahaha.. World of Outlaws.. I usually catch them at I-55 raceway in Pevely MO....

my dad likes that Bloomquist character... i don't really follow them closely enuf to have a favorite.. I just like watching the racing (but i HATE NASCAR.. how weird is that?)

red any races the 12, 13, or 19th? maybe you Chris and I could go for a ride and then catch the race?

not weird at all. once in a great while i'll watch a race but usually just Daytona500. Where u at actually?
Posted via Mobile Device

I live in Mississippi now (on the beach)... but I grew up in the St. Louis MO area.

We dirt track race almost year 'round down here..

oh wow, that sucks. no visitin for our dirt track racin then lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I've played with oval track dirt sprints off and on since the late 70's.

we have 4-5 guys that run various brackets of dirt out of our shop (2 other guys still do drag only). for the most part we went from drag to asphalt to dirt (although there's a good asphalt money race coming up that we will probably set a car up for). my dad still does many of the transmissions and uncle & dad do the engines for most teams. we all pitch in for the suspension & body work.

what are you running?

if i had more time around the shop (i work 5 hours away), i would set up a car.

around here they have a class called "Hog" that is the entry level. reasonably cheap to run and nice for the guys that want to drive without putting loads of time into the setup (speaking of after the initial build).

eriez...or stateline... i personaly never been to either... but if someone makeing a run all the the way from KY i say we accomidate!! ps raceing action every sat and sunday nights round here

how bout doc, does he like the dirt trackin too? y'all got family out east? make a trip of it & come on out. be sure to haul your bikes
Posted via Mobile Device

how bout doc, does he like the dirt trackin too? y'all got family out east? make a trip of it & come on out. be sure to haul your bikes
Posted via Mobile Device

My Doc? no.. he hates it! He's a straightliner fan.... (which I am too but I like the dirt track too) .... One day we'll make an east coast trip... if we can ever sell this freaking drag bike.. otherwise the only trip we'll be making is to the poor house!

Oh yeah.. which bikes? The Busas or the Fun machines?

IMG_2568.jpg

Last edited:
I found a pic of me and my dad at the dirt track.. from about 3 years ago I think... and the car #53 is a guy I grew up with.. both of our dads raced.. now he is starting out on his own.

DSCF0037 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0034 (Medium).JPG

Back