Who HASN'T Topped Out the Busa

Slide1.JPG

Fastest I've gone was 270km one day with a few others all doing the same. This was on my last bike, an 02 that I'd had for about a month. The tires were getting close to needing replacement so replaced Them a short time after to find out that the tires that were taken off each had two plug repairs with one being on the verge of being too large to repair. Scared the crap out of me to think that I could have lost a tire at that speed. Sure would have been nice to know that about the tires when I bought it, dude could have killed me by omitting that info.

Fastest I've gone was 270km one day with a few others all doing the same. This was on my last bike, an 02 that I'd had for about a month. The tires were getting close to needing replacement so replaced Them a short time after to find out that the tires that were taken off each had two plug repairs with one being on the verge of being too large to repair. Scared the crap out of me to think that I could have lost a tire at that speed. Sure would have been nice to know that about the tires when I bought it, dude could have killed me by omitting that info.

I grabbed a nail in a tire last year at about 160+ GPS and nothing happens. It slowly lost air. The sidewalls are very strong. I have driven 180+ on front tires with plugs in them. Plugged that nail hole last year and rode home at 180+. Maybe I'm just lucky...

I grabbed a nail in a tire last year at about 160+ GPS and nothing happens. It slowly lost air. The sidewalls are very strong. I have driven 180+ on front tires with plugs in them. Plugged that nail hole last year and rode home at 180+. Maybe I'm just lucky...
I don't know enough about tires to know what happens on a bike at speed that gets a flat so I'd rather not take the chance but I've heard others say that it isn't a problem and they're saying that from experience as well.

I don't know enough about tires to know what happens on a bike at speed that gets a flat so I'd rather not take the chance but I've heard others say that it isn't a problem and they're saying that from experience as well.
I DO NOT recommend this but since the subject came up......I once rode about 125 miles on a flat. I stopped a couple times to fill it but it was night time and many places were closed. Last 75 miles after filling from what was left in the tank after the compressor was shut down (very lucky find) I rode all the way. Flat as a pancake when I got home. The rotation keeps the tire up. The faster you go the harder it will be. Like I said, I don't recommend it. A blowout would no doubt be a catastrophe but a leak you probably will never know happened until you slow down to 60 mph. It was squirelly in turns but straightline, not a problem. The tire did get hot and it was a cold night. The heat also probably contributes to keeping a bit of pressure in there. Don't ride a flat. You never know when the bead might let go... but don't fret too much over the possibility of a leak at high speed as long as you find out as soon as you slow down.

My front went down on me on my zx9, wife on back and rolling through the country side. Valve stem was leaking and the only indicator was when I slowed down to make a turn, it was just wobbly and squishy.

Almost 14 years between the starting posts and the one's within the last week or so.
I bought my 04 in Sept of that year - the year this thread started. I think I joined this forum in 08.

All I know is I didn't buy my Busa to ride it at 55 or at 185.
The older I get the more I value life and no more broken bones or injuries of any kind.
I'm not saying topping out a Busa out would automatically create injuries but it's a little more likely
then riding under triple digits most of the time.

So no I haven't topped it out, but like I said I don't always ride 55 either. What would be the point
of having a Busa and always riding only at the speed limit? Any motorcycle really. But like most
things there is a time and place to do most things. Sometimes choosing those is tricky, but only sometimes.

I almost managed to top mine out day before yesterday on my ride from Phoenix to Vegas but with a tankbag, I couldn't get out of the wind enough. Enough power to do it but I was really uncomfortable so backed her down.

2008 Busa, My bottom end has been bored and stroked to 1660cc (What was once a 1630 kit... Then tweaked it a bit more), Billet 9mm stroker crank shaft, titanium rods, 86mm (87mm? It's been awhile since the build) Shaved forged pistons with increased ring gap to prevent binding and snapping, ZX-14 race bearings (I know, I know... KawiSUCKI parts... but the blasphemy is worth not blowing up a $20k motor!), poop-TONS of head work with upgraded springs, retainers, titanium valves and flow testing... leading to MORE head work and money to increase flow even further, Custom race-grind Cam (Can't remember the specs offhand), Cut tranny gears (To "engage" easier and to eliminate from turning them into powder on a hard shift), MTC Multistage Lock-up Clutch, Custom built 4 into 2 header with dual O2 bungs (fabricated by yours truly) that wraps just past the footpegs and dead ends to no muffler. Or baffle. Or cat.... Just a shriek that can be heard for miles. Lol. Motec M-130 "Race" stand alone ECU with custom tune and wired directly to the factory 3-map switch with upgraded RCC billet fuel rail with 80lb secondary injectors, AEM fuel pump, and lines. Custom TIG-welded aluminum airbox, 520 conversion (have actually snapped a brand-new EK chain on a good launch, so now I STRICTLY use D.I.D.), Ohlins fork internals and rear shock with lowering straps (only for the days I know I'll do limited street riding as they SUCK over potholes!), BST carbon wheels (although I usually have the factory gold wheels on for street duty), Ceramic bearings, and Double Bubble windshield to reduce a tiny bit of drag (and helmet-buffeting) cause every bit helps. No nitrous or turbo... Just an All-Motor beast. Best pull of 304.7 hp to the rear tire. Roughly 365 hp at the crank. The bottom end was close to $12,500 and the head was just under $8k including all the mill/porting time on both. All PARTS were purchased, but all WORK was done by me with the exception of machining and EFI tuning services. So "Built not Bought", is more like "Built AND Bought"! Lmao. Also, I guess all you nay-sayers didn't see the part where I said "And No, it's NOT A STOCK BUSA". I didn't really wanna get into a build list that would take me 30 minutes to type up, but I guess I have to. And yes, I have a full GPS datalogger (V-box II at the time, although I just upgraded to the 3i) under the tail seat that is accurate to 1cm at 100mph... So yes, 239mph was my GPS-verified max so far. And she was still pulling a little. I believe on this build low 240's is possible. And no, it wasn't a quarter mile, but probably closer to 1.5-2 miles on an empty freeway *in Mexico, of course!* =P. And I eat turbo bikes for breakfast all day, every day, because most turbo owners are afraid to go beyond stage-3 and still run it on the street. Most I've ever seen on the street was about 250hp... Which I far surpass and have NO LAG to wait on. Just instant throttle. I keep it in C-mode DAILY because A and B modes get a bit sketchy when making right hand turns at a stoplight. A little too much throttle and your over the median, across the street, and lodged into the side of a building. There is a video of me on my IG account eating up a 950hp Nissan GTR with a Full Carbon front end, in C-Mode.... which is about 90hp shy of A-mode with waaaaay less throttle response. So yeah.... She's quick alright. Also, I'm still on the FACTORY swingarm, frame, and all other components! Swingarm has been reinforced a bit to prevent wrap-up, but it's still factory. My goal was to keep it as stock looking as possible because I love the lines and color of this bike. However, I have this nagging idea about doing the GSXR-1000 tail conversion... It makes her look so vicious. Just can't bring myself to mess up those sweet factory curves! Hope this clarifies a few things. And unlike most of the others, I encourage everyone to top out their bike at least once... otherwise, why are you on a Hyper-Sport? Do it in a safe, controlled manner and everything will be fine. Pick an empty desert road, or ride to Kansas and blast through the countryside. It's exhilarating! It'll change your life and the way you look at your bike forever. Be safe, and ride on! =)

P.s. I've also got a 2003 GSXR-1000 that I've maxxed out at 185 (indicated on the gauge), and a 2017 GSX-S1000 that I've gotten 160 out of (which is decent for a naked bike with NO wind protection). And currently building two 1973 Datsun 240 Z's. One of which is getting a Whipple-charged LS7 that will hopefully equate to 1500hp+. So yeahhhhhh.... I know what I'm doing and how to do it. Lol

The Toys.jpg

Last edited:
2008 Busa, My bottom end has been bored and stroked to 1660cc (What was once a 1630 kit... Then tweaked it a bit more), Billet 9mm stroker crank shaft, titanium rods, 86mm (87mm? It's been awhile since the build) Shaved forged pistons with increased ring gap to prevent binding and snapping, ZX-14 race bearings (I know, I know... KawiSUCKI parts... but the blasphemy is worth not blowing up a $20k motor!), poop-TONS of head work with upgraded springs, retainers, titanium valves and flow testing... leading to MORE head work and money to increase flow even further, Custom race-grind Cam (Can't remember the specs offhand), Cut tranny gears (To "engage" easier and to eliminate from turning them into powder on a hard shift), MTC Multistage Lock-up Clutch, Custom built 4 into 2 header with dual O2 bungs (fabricated by yours truly) that wraps just past the footpegs and dead ends to no muffler. Or baffle. Or cat.... Just a shriek that can be heard for miles. Lol. Motec M-130 "Race" stand alone ECU with custom tune and wired directly to the factory 3-map switch with upgraded RCC billet fuel rail with 80lb secondary injectors, AEM fuel pump, and lines. Custom TIG-welded aluminum airbox, 520 conversion (have actually snapped a brand-new EK chain on a good launch, so now I STRICTLY use D.I.D.), Ohlins fork internals and rear shock with lowering straps (only for the days I know I'll do limited street riding as they SUCK over potholes!), BST carbon wheels (although I usually have the factory gold wheels on for street duty), Ceramic bearings, and Double Bubble windshield to reduce a tiny bit of drag (and helmet-buffeting) cause every bit helps. No nitrous or turbo... Just an All-Motor beast. Best pull of 304.7 hp to the rear tire. Roughly 365 hp at the crank. The bottom end was close to $12,500 and the head was just under $8k including all the mill/porting time on both. All PARTS were purchased, but all WORK was done by me with the exception of machining and EFI tuning services. So "Built not Bought", is more like "Built AND Bought"! Lmao. Also, I guess all you nay-sayers didn't see the part where I said "And No, it's NOT A STOCK BUSA". I didn't really wanna get into a build list that would take me 30 minutes to type up, but I guess I have to. And yes, I have a full GPS datalogger (V-box II at the time, although I just upgraded to the 3i) under the tail seat that is accurate to 1cm at 100mph... So yes, 239mph was my GPS-verified max so far. And she was still pulling a little. I believe on this build low 240's is possible. And no, it wasn't a quarter mile, but probably closer to 1.5-2 miles on an empty freeway *in Mexico, of course!* =P. And I eat turbo bikes for breakfast all day, every day, because most turbo owners are afraid to go beyond stage-3 and still run it on the street. Most I've ever seen on the street was about 250hp... Which I far surpass and have NO LAG to wait on. Just instant throttle. I keep it in C-mode DAILY because A and B modes get a bit sketchy when making right hand turns at a stoplight. A little too much throttle and your over the median, across the street, and lodged into the side of a building. There is a video of me on my IG account eating up a 950hp Nissan GTR with a Full Carbon front end, in C-Mode.... which is about 90hp shy of A-mode with waaaaay less throttle response. So yeah.... She's quick alright. Also, I'm still on the FACTORY swingarm, frame, and all other components! Swingarm has been reinforced a bit to prevent wrap-up, but it's still factory. My goal was to keep it as stock looking as possible because I love the lines and color of this bike. However, I have this nagging idea about doing the GSXR-1000 tail conversion... It makes her look so vicious. Just can't bring myself to mess up those sweet factory curves! Hope this clarifies a few things. And unlike most of the others, I encourage everyone to top out their bike at least once... otherwise, why are you on a Hyper-Sport? Do it in a safe, controlled manner and everything will be fine. Pick an empty desert road, or ride to Kansas and blast through the countryside. It's exhilarating! It'll change your life and the way you look at your bike forever. Be safe, and ride on! =)

P.s. I've also got a 2003 GSXR-1000 that I've maxxed out at 185 (indicated on the gauge), and a 2017 GSX-S1000 that I've gotten 160 out of (which is decent for a naked bike with NO wind protection). And currently building two 1973 Datsun 240 Z's. One of which is getting a Whipple-charged LS7 that will hopefully equate to 1500hp+. So yeahhhhhh.... I know what I'm doing and how to do it. Lol

View attachment 1581158
Hell yeah , okay , I believe that all motor Busa would be very fast , how about some more pics bro , so we can get more of a look at this beast of yours !! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1581158
u had it dynode ..... can we see the slip.... that's ALOT of motor for the street...

Don’t change to a GXR tail, they belong on GXRs. Do your best to keep the (soon to be McLaren eater) 240Z as stock looking as possible too. It won’t be easy but having a giant eating sleeper on the street is a gas! :thumbsup:

Back