Who has SS brake lines and riser's ????....

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
I've been talking to Melissa, and she said I may need longer Galfer lines to accomodate the 3/4" riser's Doyle sold me. So, for those that have riser's...what did you get as far as length ordered
rock.gif
?....she said if I order an extra inch, and they're wrong, I'm stuck / no returns....what say you Board
rock.gif
?
super.gif

This would be for the front brakes and the clutch line measurements......

Spud

rock.gif

You'll definitely want the extra length. That, or you'll want to raise the forks (lowering the front).

I have stock length SS lines and 1.25" risers - and they would NOT reach when the forks were fully extended. I lowered my front anyway... But, IIRC, I think +1" on the lines would make it for ya - especially since you only have 3/4" risers. Again, I can't remember. Hopefully someone else who has the setup you're looking at will chime in...

Sent Charles a PM, and an email......thank you...thank you very mushhhhhh.....
super.gif

Love this place !!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I have HEL standard length lines and 1" risers, I even have the thick washer under the riser which makes the length taller than 1".

I use a pit bull front wheel under the fork stand to allow for full extension of the forks, to verify my lines will not be in tension when the forks are fully extended. The standard length SS lines are just long enough. Enough slack on the shorter line (I have individual lines for each brake that come off the master cylinder, not a 2 into 1 brake line). I am not worried the lines are too short or that I need to slide the forks up on the triple trees.

I think Mr. Bogus may have a length figured as well. I know Randy had a thread floating around about this very subject.

Found Randy's in modifications, but some are using HEL, some are going other directions, I'm ordering Galfer from Melissa at cyclebrakes. I think she said something about stock, or stock +2".......

Yo spuds if your at stock ride height and not lowered I would do the +2 and be safe.
thumb_up.gif

Yo spuds if your at stock ride height and not lowered I would do the +2 and be safe.
thumb_up.gif
Then I'll do the +2, THANKS DOYLE !!!! I have the +1 raising links in the back, and I lifted the handlebars with your spacers, but left the ride height stock up front, i.e. gap between tree / spacers and top of forks....

BTW I still owe you and the wife dinner and drinks next time through. Give me a two-day heads-up so I can be available !!!
coolold.gif
I felt awful I couldn't quite line up with you two a week ago.....BAD SPUDLEY !!!!
sadnews.gif

Funny enough, when I installed the spacers, that's when I realized the tech at the dealer misaligned the forks.....once I straightened that out, this front end rotates on a whim !!
super.gif

Hey Doyle, do I just get the one segment of the clutch line, and the two fronts +2"
rock.gif

BTW  I still owe you and the wife dinner and drinks next time through.  Give me a two-day heads-up so I can be available !!!  
coolold.gif
 I felt awful I couldn't quite line up with you two a week ago.....BAD SPUDLEY !!!!
sadnews.gif

Funny enough, when I installed the spacers, that's when I realized the tech at the dealer misaligned the forks.....once I straightened that out, this front end rotates on a whim !!  
super.gif

Hey Doyle, do I just get the one segment of the clutch line, and the two fronts +2"
rock.gif
You don't owe us anything, now on the other hand Vegas owes us about a freaking grand..
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

Yes +2 on the brake lines and stock length on the clutch line..
thumb_up.gif

next time we will call you in advance for shore..
peace.gif

BTW I still owe you and the wife dinner and drinks next time through. Give me a two-day heads-up so I can be available !!!
coolold.gif
sadnews.gif

super.gif

rock.gif
You don't owe us anything, now on the other hand Vegas owes us about a freaking grand..
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

Yes +2 on the brake lines and stock length on the clutch line..
thumb_up.gif

next time we will call you in advance for shore..
peace.gif
Stock length clutch and +2" on brakes, I'm taking it on faith that the forks range is more of a variable than the clutch....okey doke....

BTW I'll talk to Vegas about that....BAD VEGAS....
deadhorse.gif

Back