who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the drill

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Found a bike I want.

Its a couple thousand miles away.

I dont want to go get it.

Need it shipped.

It there a safe way to do the trasaction?

I can probably figure out the shipping.

BIGtime thanks.

RSD.

Re: who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the d

I used uship.com in the past and had good luck with them, lot of reviews of who bids on shipping your stuff. Just make sure they are insured and they have good feedback you should be good. whoever bids cheapest isn't always who you want to go with...I found someone local to go check it out just call around to dealerships and see of someone can take a look at it. After that I had to have some faith and sent a check and title was overnight to me. So I just made a contingent offer on the whole thing.

Re: who has bought a bike site unseen...had it shipped long distance...or knows the d

It does require a leap of faith since asking for references is out of the question. :laugh: I spent 25K one time on a ZR-1 in Alabama site unseen. I have owned it for 10 years ! :cheerleader:

This is where the power of the ORG or some other site you have made friends on can come in handy. Simply recruit some other like minded enthusiat that is willing to help you make the transaction.

Example. The Busa you want to buy is in my area. You ask me to look at it, inspect it, and make sure the numbers match. Once satisfied everything is in order I call you and let you talk to

the seller one last time to confirm everything is as it should be. Then I physically handle the exchange of paperwork and cashiers check if your not wiring the money to the seller.

Then the shipping preperations begin in whatever arrangement is decided upon.

So, where is it ?

No one, but I think you're safe on this one. :laugh:

if it's in Wyoming, i'll ride it to you. :beerchug:
i am not a trusting person when it comes to money. i would fly or grab a bus, then ride it home.

It does require a leap of faith since asking for references is out of the question. :laugh: I spent 25K one time on a ZR-1 in Alabama site unseen. I have owned it for 10 years ! :cheerleader:

This is where the power of the ORG or some other site you have made friends on can come in handy. Simply recruit some other like minded enthusiat that is willing to help you make the transaction.

Example. The Busa you want to buy is in my area. You ask me to look at it, inspect it, and make sure the numbers match. Once satisfied everything is in order I call you and let you talk to

the seller one last time to confirm everything is as it should be. Then I physically handle the exchange of paperwork and cashiers check if your not wiring the money to the seller.

Then the shipping preperations begin in whatever arrangement is decided upon.

So, where is it ?

Sudbury Ontario.

RSD.

if it's in Wyoming, i'll ride it to you. :beerchug:
i am not a trusting person when it comes to money. i would fly or grab a bus, then ride it home.

Beautiful offer...I'll keep that in mind for next time. LOL.

RSD.

You're good to go with Jody & Trillium Rub,probably won't find two more honest people.:thumbsup:

(and congrats!:beerchug:)

You're good to go with Jody & Trillium Rub,probably won't find two more honest people.:thumbsup:

(and congrats!:beerchug:)

Thanks Brother, makes me feel better. I'm still on the fence a.... bit.... ,but yer word helps.:bowdown:

Its hard to just paypal off 9 grand,if ya know what I mean,plus finding a compitant trustworthy shipper.
RSD.

I just checked flights....1800.oo bucks. You can fly to Europe cheaper. :banghead: I HATE Canadian arilines. I was gonna send my nephew on an' adventure.

RSD.

IMO just ship it. Yea more of a concern but way less screwing around...

Jody and Trillium are very good people, and I believe for the most part the Busa was built and tuned by Richard himself at RCC Turbos. Very Clean looking Busa.

Jody and Trillium are very good people, and I believe for the most part the Busa was built and tuned by Richard himself at RCC Turbos. Very Clean looking Busa.

met them personally Wolfman,or just internet friends?

RSD.

Just have followed their builds over on the other site from when they raced Landspeed Racing. And seen how other much respect they have from the other racers.

I'll do it 1 buck under the lowest price you find

wait never mind.. forgot you need a passport now

if you do go get it zip to new york for americade starts saturday

Site unseen? And shipped it? Hmm...not too many people come to mind, but one does kinda stick out. :whistle:

I know a guy who knows a friend who knows another guy who shipped his bike a long ways away. He actually did it twice. Lemme know if you want me to talk to him, bruvvah.

For me, I think the paypal thingy is a good start. Don't forget to have a them do a Bill of Sale first...they would need to generate one and then have them put a copy of all their contact info as well as a copy of their DL (just to be on the safe side). It'd be good too, if you could have someone take a looksee at it for you. Or, transversely, you could have your prospective seller take tons 'o pics...and make sure they're well lit and have everything you need for peace of mind in them.

There are tons of shipping companies...some require crating, others don't. I'm not too sure how it'll work crossing international borders, but if you'd like I can make a call to a couple of companies here that have stateside trucking and see what the requirements are and possibly how much it'll cost. I'd need to and from destinations, though.

I'll also check with that friend of a friend who knows a friend guy too. I'm sure he'll chime in. :D

Back