Who died before they ever collected a social security check!!!

gurrera

Registered
WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!
KEEP PASSING THIS AROUND UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ IT... THIS IS SURE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!!!!THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!! WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.

Read that again.

Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny? We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you and I that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government.

Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.Another thing with me.... I have two deceased husbands who died in their 50's, (one was 51 and the other one was 59 before one percent of their social security could be drawn. I worked all my life and am drawing 100% on my own social security). Their S.S. money will never have one cent drawn from what they paid into S.S all their lives.THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance! Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!Remember Congressional benefits? --- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days. Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?We're "broke" and we can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless. Yet in the last few months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile and Turkey. And now Pakistan......home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed S.S. income' receive no additional federal aid nor do they get any financial breaks, while our government and religious organizations pour hundreds of billions of $$$ and tons of food to foreign countries!They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now, when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It was supposed to be in a locked box, not part of the general fund.Sad isn't it?

Gurrera

Yep, they used the word entitlement and hoped that people wouldn't notice that they were lying their butts off...that's the good old US of A for ya.

Just one of so many wrongs in our gov't and a wonderful example of how OUR money is abused...it's sickening, but I won't lie, it's all so daunting, where do you ever begin to FIX this? Our gov't is so far gone, short of wiping the slate and starting back at square one, what can we do? :banghead:

Just one of so many wrongs in our gov't and a wonderful example of how OUR money is abused...it's sickening, but I won't lie, it's all so daunting, where do you ever begin to FIX this? Our gov't is so far gone, short of wiping the slate and starting back at square one, what can we do? :banghead:

Overturning Citizens United I think would be a HUGE step in the right direction. If we can get the private money out of the political system, we'd be able to break the stranglehold. And before you respond, it CAN be done, it's just going to be an uphill battle.

Although I agree that we are getting ripped off by our government and so are future generations, the argument in the OP leave's out an important fact that, only to be fair, should be considered. And that is that, although there are people that died before collecting Social Security, there are circumstances where the benefit is paid to surviving family members. Also, there are probably as many if not more people collecting SS benefits before the age of retirement due to disability (whether real or invented) that are not contributing any longer to the fund. So, I don't think there is as much unclaimed benefits that have not been distributed in other legitimate ways than it may appear.

The so called government are only looking out for them selfs. We need to figure out a way to clean house and get rid off everyone there and start over. Put people in there that have worked for a living with the understanding when your term is up you will not be getting paid for the rest of your life with free ins. If you are now able to retire you will have to find a job and go back to work to survive. Maybe then we will have people that will care about what happen to our country and just maybe they will do a better job for us while in office. JMO

It's because people who have never worked a private employer job in their entire lives are the one's HOLDING THE CHECKBOOK....

It's true that kids of deceased parents collect until they finish school or reach the age of 22 or something like that. It has turned out to be nothing more than a hidden tax on working stiffs Many never see a penny. Last I heard and these things change all the time if you were born on or after 01/01/1960 you'll be 70 years of age to draw. When I was a kid it was 62. I believe I'm right about this, but you guys keep me in line. Many young people claim SSI that have never worked a day in their lives and therefore never paid in a penny based on a disability based on drug addiction.

Yep, take it back to Woodrow Wilson. Don't allow these bastards to serve more than 12 years, don't allow them to take one cent from anyone while in office or accept money or jobs in out years, no retirement, no insurance, must participate in every program they force on us.

I'm sure others can come up with even better thoughts. I don't think about it because I feel it's hopeless.

Hey, at least Congress and the President have the same health care system as us commoners... oh wait. They don't.

Our children's schools get no gun zones, while the president and his family get armed secret service personnel. If the no gun zones worked, they'd just degree a floating no gun zone around the president and get rid of the secret service.

Did they remove the "Government for the people" line somewhere. Or are they just blind to those words?

Then again, maybe they took it the other way and think that it means all the people in the world, legal and illegal?
Ever hear of Foreign Aid?
If they stopped all aid to other countries and gave each U.S. legal citizen a share (equally) there would be much less need for social security. ???
Like that will ever happen. It makes me wonder if we stopped aid to other countries, are we (the government) afraid they will start a war with us?
Do any other countries give foreign aid? To the U.S. ?

Why in this day and age can't they reverse or remove the law that says just because you are born here you are a U.S. Citizen.
If at least one parent is not a legal U.S. citizen then the child is not a U.S.citizen just because they were born on this soil.

Back