Who can tell me what my current project is?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay here is the beginning Alpha testing of my new project, anyone want to offer a guess?

Hey dadofthree you see those inline actuators I was looking for?

IMG_20130831_205353989.jpg

IMG_20130831_205353989.jpg

awesome idea! your alarm clock goes off, triggers this "thingy", and it raises the head of the bed like a big dump truck :lol:

A Pee Wee Herman Breakfast machine
Wee's Big Adventure - The Breakfast Machine (Isolated Score) - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Given a PLC controller and an analog card to measure gain it would be easy to run a sweep across the sky and have it move the linear actuator to the position with the highest gain. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Solar tracker it is... I am building from scratch a dual axis tracker... Charlie I almost called you for some insight but I just researched a little harder and figured it out... Have all the tools ready now, plasma cutter, mig welder and making order for steel in the next few days... It's gonna work one way or the other!

I wish I had a tenth the motivation you have to tackle projects like this!

Solar tracker it is... I am building from scratch a dual axis tracker... Charlie I almost called you for some insight but I just researched a little harder and figured it out... Have all the tools ready now, plasma cutter, mig welder and making order for steel in the next few days... It's gonna work one way or the other!

I wish I had a tenth the motivation you have to tackle projects like this!

Taking on projects is what makes us innovative and resourceful. This is but one small step in my larger plan to become energy independent. I have 10 days of vacation coming up that I will use to build this all out... I think I can get it done in a couple of days honestly but maybe not... I like taking on something that not a lot of others have done before or taking an idea and making it myself... Pics to come!

Cap

Taking on projects is what makes us innovative and resourceful. This is but one small step in my larger plan to become energy independent. I have 10 days of vacation coming up that I will use to build this all out... I think I can get it done in a couple of days honestly but maybe not... I like taking on something that not a lot of others have done before or taking an idea and making it myself... Pics to come!

Cap

Oh, now you went and done it " energy independent " Death Star has been moved into position over Oakie :whistle:

A photovoltaic system typically includes a panel or an array of solar modules, an inverter, you have a battery and the makings of a solar tracker. What kind of output are you hoping for ? Kilowatts use to be pretty expensive ......... I once saw a pretty nefty salt tower in New Mexico, but who has federal dollars to spend :laugh:

Back