White smoke

stock06busa

Registered
I have an 06busa with around 7500miles on it. I bought it this summer the bike in fine condition (never layed down ect...)
Me being the new rider i am i tested her limits and redlined in 2nd gear :please: (about 120mph) i looked back and seen a cloud of smoke no loss of power no sound just smoke white smoke.. i got home and the bike was very hot and still spiting so i let it cool off for an hour or so. when i started her back up more smoke constant with the amount of throttle opened, i haven't ridden it for a while now and it goes into the shop ( i do not like the dealers near and around where a i live) on sunday i would like to avoid taking it in so any suggestions?? :please::please::please:

Is it thick white smoke or does it look more like steam?

If it looks like steam, check your coolent level... maybe a head gasket is leaking.

If it's thick white smoke, check your oil level - have someone help you hold the bike level while you check. Make sure that it isn't over filled. Could also be a head gasket leaking.

Is it thick white smoke or does it look more like steam?

If it looks like steam, check your coolent level... maybe a head gasket is leaking.

If it's thick white smoke, check your oil level - have someone help you hold the bike level while you check. Make sure that it isn't over filled. Could also be a head gasket leaking.
my coolant seems to be fine, next step would be checking the head gasket in any one else has suggestions feel free to post

Sounds like 7500 miles a 1/4 mile at a time.
Maybe if i put those 7500 on but the guy that owned it claimed it was in storage and used as a cruiser during the summer(to the blackhills and such), it went into the shop today they said it would be about a week before they got to it ??? i just hope its not a cracked header:please:

I It Is a cracked head get the new one ported before putting it on

sounds like blown hg or cracked head. i dont think the guy before you was so nice to the bike as he says.

I'd bet on head gasket. As mentioned above, if its the head, get the new one ported and polished first.

thanks for all the helpfull responses, i ended up taking it to the dealer this last weekend and they said they would get started this tuesday. Will they port and polish if it is the problem or will i have to say something?

They won't do it but some of our sponsors will. It isn't for a stealership to do.

My 04 blows mild white smoke when hard reved and its just had a full top end rebuild. I think its just the results of slow motoring getting blown out the back..

Hey everyone turns out some how oil got into the air filter and this is why i was haveing the problem.
they have her torn apart in the shop is there anything i should do performance wise while she is apart( i will also post this in the sections set aside for this kind of question)?

Find out why and how the oil got there. Also, Might as well go aftermarket filter and put some new pipes on her. I have a couple pair for sale............ :whistle:

Back