white smoke after revving up the engine

ebnmakkah321

Registered
Hi ppl :)

this is my first thred in this nice helpful form >>> I hope u all except me as friend :)

I have 2001 busa with PCIII and two brother exhaust, it was setting for over than 5 months ... when I started today I notic after i rev the engine up immediately there is white smoke "not that much" coming out .... that problem was not there last time I ride the bike .... I changed the eng oil and the problem still there :S ... so what is the problem ?!

by the way my busa used to have coolant boiling problem with no eng smoke ... so is that old problem related to the new one or not ??

thanks in advance :)

You said your bike used to have a coolant boiling issue. What did you do to fix it?

One member here had a similar issue and it turned out to be a leak in the head gasket.

White smoke, or steam, usually means water in the combustion chamber if it continues after start up. Or it could mean condensation in the exhaust system due to head and cold cycles. The exhaust is a common issue with most vehicles in the north west during spring and fall.

You said your bike used to have a coolant boiling issue. What did you do to fix it?

One member here had a similar issue and it turned out to be a leak in the head gasket.

White smoke, or steam, usually means water in the combustion chamber if it continues after start up. Or it could mean condensation in the exhaust system due to head and cold cycles. The exhaust is a common issue with most vehicles in the north west during spring and fall.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE COOLANT did not go away 100% but what I did is flush the coolant sys and wash the radiator and its boil much less than it used to be .....

Hi ppl :)

this is my first thred in this nice helpful form >>> I hope u all except me as friend :)

I have 2001 busa with PCIII and two brother exhaust, it was setting for over than 5 months ... when I started today I notic after i rev the engine up immediately there is white smoke "not that much" coming out .... that problem was not there last time I ride the bike .... I changed the eng oil and the problem still there :S ... so what is the problem ?!

by the way my busa used to have coolant boiling problem with no eng smoke ... so is that old problem related to the new one or not ??

thanks in advance :)

by the way after I rev up the engine the white smook come for 2 SECOND ONLY and GO AWAY ....I will try to bost a clip with the problem

Are you losing coolant? Considering you posted that you're having cooling issues, you may have a warped head. Or worse a cracked head!

Omar (omslaw) chased a coolant leak for about two years until he found he had hairline cracks in the head.

Have you done a leak-down test? If you have access to a mechanic's video inspection camera you can look for coolant puddling in the cylinder or if any piston(s) are cleaner than the others. Both symptoms that Omar had.

Don't know crap or which end of a screwdriver to grab .....head gasket

head gasket haaa ?!?! >>>> the one who don't know crap or which end of a screwdriver to grab is YOU ..... guys I just change the old fuel "because it was sitting for 5 months" with fresh fuel and pooofe the wight smook is gone :) :) .... head gasket he said :S

Back