White light on instrument panel

walker

Registered
the white light on the left lower corner of the instrument panel. it comes on for a seconds when you turn the key on and bike cycles for start-up. What is that? is for anything? i looked in the book, and as close as i can tell it has something to do with the pre-set on the rpm's. the book doesn't say much about it. any info?

yeah it's an 09. Shift light? i don't think i've ever noticed it come on while riding. maybe i'm not paying attention. i'll watch for it next time i ride. thanks

yeah it's an 09. Shift light? i don't think i've ever noticed it come on while riding. maybe i'm not paying attention. i'll watch for it next time i ride. thanks

Look in the owners manual, there is a section in there about settin it up, and to what rpm's you want it to come on at. I think it is set to off from the factory and you have to set it up first, also if the battery is disconected, could be wrong

Cool idea, but it should have been right in the center at the top.- Oh well at least we got one:thumbsup:

It it the i cant shift on my own :laugh: light......you have to press the left button with the ignition off and the bike in neutral. once you have it pressed, you turn on the ignition with and hold the button, you will see a thunderbolt icon on the display, release the button. Use the right button to adjust, first you adjust the brightness of the light, so once the bolts icon appears hit the right , the light will flash, select brightness desired with the left....then hit the right again, you will see the tach RPM move, select RPM desired with the left. then hit the right button to close the setup...off the top off my head so if I made a mistake and you activate the Suzuki Solid Stage Rocket Booster:thumbsup: im not responsible

Last edited:
Its a shiftlight. I use it on my 08 for drag racing. Read the owners book and it will tell you how to set it. You can set it to blink rapidly or stay on constant till you shift,or you can turn it off. You can also change the brightness of it and then ya can change the rpm setting for it to lite up. Here is a run down on how to set it.
Before you turn on the key prees both select and adjust buttons at the same time and then turn on the key.
The mite blink push the adj. button and you can set it to blink stay on or turn it off.
Next hit select and you can set the brightness. At the bottom of the display screen you will see some small ooooo Then push adj. button and this will dim or brighten the light.
Then push sect button , look at the tach. I think it starts at 4000 rpms. Then push adj. button and look at the tach , you will see the needle move. Up to 8000 rpms the needle will move at 500 rpm increments then over that it moves at 250 rpms up to 11,500 rpms.
The owners book has a diagram of the instument panel and a list of everything on it. Read through the book and it does give the instructions on how to set the shiftlight.

Its a shiftlight. I use it on my 08 for drag racing. Read the owners book and it will tell you how to set it. You can set it to blink rapidly or stay on constant till you shift,or you can turn it off. You can also change the brightness of it and then ya can change the rpm setting for it to lite up. Here is a run down on how to set it.
Before you turn on the key prees both select and adjust buttons at the same time and then turn on the key.
The mite blink push the adj. button and you can set it to blink stay on or turn it off.
Next hit select and you can set the brightness. At the bottom of the display screen you will see some small ooooo Then push adj. button and this will dim or brighten the light.
Then push sect button , look at the tach. I think it starts at 4000 rpms. Then push adj. button and look at the tach , you will see the needle move. Up to 8000 rpms the needle will move at 500 rpm increments then over that it moves at 250 rpms up to 11,500 rpms.
The owners book has a diagram of the instument panel and a list of everything on it. Read through the book and it does give the instructions on how to set the shiftlight.

:thumbsup:

Shift Light...

you want to see it light up...spin the motor past 11,000 rpm :laugh:

The white light is for energizing the electrical system on contact. Any modification will void the warrantry. Suzuki. com. :laugh:

Last edited:
I just duct tape over mine. Use black and it will make you gain faster.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back