white dials query re 220mph clocks on a 2004 bike

gazabusa

Registered
ive got my newly aquired 2004 busa which has been fitted with white speedo dials. its got 220mph white lockwood dials fitted but obviously my speed is reading inaccurate now as it should have the 200mph dials fitted which are the standard ones for this year (i belive the speedos changed from the 2001 model onwards???). does anyone know of a seller of 200mph white dials, which i could buy, thus getting my speed a bit more accurate?

ive looked at the speedo healer option etc, but would rather just get the right dials for it if poss.

thanks in advance guys

gazabusa

ive got my newly aquired 2004 busa which has been fitted with white speedo dials. its got 220mph white lockwood dials fitted but obviously my speed is reading inaccurate now as it should have the 200mph dials fitted which are the standard ones for this year (i belive the speedos changed from the 2001 model onwards???). does anyone know of a seller of 200mph white dials, which i could buy, thus getting my speed a bit more accurate?

ive looked at the speedo healer option etc, but would rather just get the right dials for it if poss.

thanks in advance guys

gazabusa

Those aftermarket dials are usually installed over the stock gauge faces. Take your gauges apart, carefully remove those white dials (be careful with the needles) and your gauge cluster will be stock again.

Those aftermarket dials are usually installed over the stock gauge faces. Take your gauges apart, carefully remove those white dials (be careful with the needles) and your gauge cluster will be stock again.

thanks POWERHOUSE, i'll remove them in the morning. :thumbsup:

This is what they look like stock

$(KGrHqN,!hsE1Qj-0Zp3BNf-pDNbjg~~_3.jpg

This is what they look like stock

thanks mate. i do like the look of the white dials which i have, but id rather have the standard black ones and at least be able to tell how fast im going.

im guna take it apart in the morning and put back to stock.......unless anyone knows where the 180mph dials can be bought in white?

thanks - Gazabusa

1999 and 2000 had a factory 220mph speedo, and you can also buy a SpeedoHealer to correct the problem. It will get a stock speedometer correct after gearing changes, but they also will get aftermarket 220mph guages alot closer. A plug and play harness is available too.
Site sponsors California Motorcycle Roads - Pashnit Motorcycle Tours Maps, Passionate Scenic Rides Photos and boostbysmith.com - Home sell them.
The possibilities for guage faces is also endless, there are companies that will custom make the faces however you like. The already mentioned www.welcome to blueguages.com are excellent to deal with.

Back