While you're still young....

Projekt

Registered
Excerpt: “No, this is NOT great while I’m still young! It’s great for the rest of my life! You don’t understand. This is not just a thing I’m doing to kill time. This is my calling! My life! I don’t want what you have. I will always be an adventurer.”

Full article: Why you should travel young - Converge

Just food for thought, I ran across this in cyberspace and thought it a very fitting illustration of my life and how I feel so I had to share it here.

Great share. I at the great age of 54 can really say I have enjoyed my life as much as I can. I still have a few things I want to do before I get old :laugh: and look forward to many adventures in the future

Agreed.. I can't seem to shake the foreign living and travel bug. It is just so culturally and intellectually rewarding. Obviously, it is unconventional compared to sticking to a job for twenty or thirty years for the benefits and pension but the wealth that you gain in this lifestyle cannot be measured in dollars and retirement funds.

I'm 37 and have lived in foreign countries for 13 out of the last 18 years. This has led to many fantastic experiences and few bad ones. I wouldn't do anything different even though I wish I could have just buckled down and gone to college in an alternate fork in the road. All is good and I am planning my next segment of foreign living. Maybe this one will lead to riches.

Yeah it is a shame........ I know people that are in their 30's and 40's and still haven't put their feet in an ocean. But they can tell you who got eliminated from last weeks episode of Dancing with the Stars :whistle: reminds me of the old saying "Just because your alive doesn't mean your living......."

That is right man.. It is all too common. We are taught that all the best stuff is within our borders and that we are number one etc.. Once you see some of the world, all that thinking goes out the window..

"Better to die on yer feet,Than live on yer knee's" Slaving away..."To the man".

RSD.

Yeah it is a shame........ I know people that are in their 30's and 40's and still haven't put their feet in an ocean. But they can tell you who got eliminated from last weeks episode of Dancing with the Stars :whistle: reminds me of the old saying "Just because your alive doesn't mean your living......."

I can totally relate to that. I have a close family member who is just about 40. He has never left the state,never been on a plane,never been to a rock concert,etc etc. He does ride a cool bike thou. (one of my old choppers). :laugh:

RSD.

Back