While the board was down

BiG-T

Donating Member
Registered
I passed the time with online puzzles...

[*] Kakuro Live
[*] Web Sudoku

What did you do?
rock.gif

Rearranged my home office. Checked out Sport-Touring.Net, Sportbikes.Net, CoSportBikeClub.Org, Slashdot.Org and Unix.Com forums. Went to Six Flags.

dscn7502x600.jpg

dscn7504x600.jpg

Carl

just waited and waited
then I had to spend time with my girlfriend..........God it's good to have the board back and running.

Cried...
Last weight...
Abused small animals in the nieborhood after dark...
Cleaned the Busa endlessly...
Gained weight...
Experienced a massive dose of Road Rage...
Began to talk to myself...
Then began to question myself...
At some point, argued with myself...
Gave up on myself...
Became very distraught with myself...
Found myself...
Played with myself...
Discovered that I really liked myself...
Decided not to let a relationship with myself go to far, to fast...
And then the Board was back...
Please disregard the above as of last night...
All is well...

David

laugh.gif
@ Devious

I thought you were going to change those pipes because you didn't like the color match...or lack there of.
rock.gif

(BiG-T @ Sep. 07 2006,09:37)
laugh.gif
@ Devious

I thought you were going to change those pipes because you didn't like the color match...or lack there of.  
rock.gif
I'm still gonna do that...
After the Shootout in San Antonio this Friday nite, I'm gonna put the bike up on the stands, remove the cans, Strip the paint, and buff/polish the aluminum sleeves under the paint...
I should have done it while the board was down, but was to spazed out to remember much...

David

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 07 2006,08:27) What is all that stuff in the rack?
rock.gif
From the top:
Sun Ultra-60 with Solaris 7/8 (dual boot)
Sun Ultra-60 with Solaris 9
OpenBSD 3.6 (mirrors www.schelin.org)
Windows XP (main games box)
Two Back-UPS 800's (keeps the network up in the event of a power outage)
Mandrake Linux 9.1 (home network firewall)
Windows 98 SE (secondary games box for the older games)

The gray box next to the left desk is a Sun Enterprise 250 with Solaris 10. The black monitor plugs into the IBM Thinkpad (on the top right of the desk). The gray monitor plugs into the E250.

I use a KVM on the right desk (the little bundle of cables under the desk on the left) so the keyboard, monitor and mouse are attached to the four x86 boxes. The silver laptop on the right side of the desk is a Mac Powerbook.

And my wife has the Toshiba laptop upstairs so she can surf while watching TV
smile.gif

My other hobby is computers
biggrin.gif

Carl

(dm_gsxr @ Sep. 07 2006,21:46)
rock.gif
From the top:

The gray box next to the left desk is a Sun Enterprise 250 with Solaris 10. The black monitor plugs into the laptop (on the top right of the desk). The gray monitor plugs into the E250.

I use a KVM on the right desk (the little bundle of cables under the desk on the left) so the keyboard, monitor and mouse are attached to the four x86 boxes.

biggrin.gif

Carl
Cool,is it possible to have like 3-4 monitors on 1 tower kinda like on that movie?
rock.gif

rock.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 07 2006,10:49) Cool,is it possible to have like 3-4 monitors on 1 tower kinda like on that movie?
rock.gif
I do at work. I have 2 on one box at home.

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 07 2006,08:49)
(dm_gsxr @ Sep. 07 2006,21:46)
rock.gif
From the top:

The gray box next to the left desk is a Sun Enterprise 250 with Solaris 10. The black monitor plugs into the laptop (on the top right of the desk). The gray monitor plugs into the E250.

I use a KVM on the right desk (the little bundle of cables under the desk on the left) so the keyboard, monitor and mouse are attached to the four x86 boxes.

biggrin.gif

Carl
Cool,is it possible to have like 3-4 monitors on 1 tower kinda like on that movie?
rock.gif
You can have multiple monitors plugged into a computer. Most folks who do that typically are using two though. Nowadays I'd expect to see a widescreen LCD over multiple monitors though. My brother has a nice wide LCD as his main display and his old monitor to the right on the desk for extra stuff.

The only game I saw that could actually utilize multiple monitors was Doom II. Someone had a mod that had the two extra monitors be used as a peripheral view of the game.

Back when I used dual monitors, I used one for programming and one for debugging but that's been a while.

Carl

rock.gif

I reintroduced myself to my wife and we had a lovely time, until the boards came back up!
smile.gif

Back