Which Wax to Use?

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I know this subject has been touched on before but I meet a new Hayabusa owner over the weekend here in Ks! He was looking for some wax to apply to his new Busa (Gen II)
If your lurking now would be a good time to join the oRg and post up!
Lots of good info here and people.

I've had really good results with Zymol...
Anyone else?

Meguiar's is pretty decent. I like their quick detailer, among other things. Also, their leather and rubber protectant.

--Wag--

I like Astro Shield Auto Polish. I have been using is for about 15 years now.
I put it on every toy I have.

you wax your bike
rock.gif

just kidding, I havent a clue what I've used but the can spray waterless cleaner does wonders
lol1.gif

My favorite is Zaino Brothers...great stuff.

Zaino brothers

Zaino is pretty ridiculas, I'd put it up against anything.

hump6.jpg

B4.jpg

The bad thing about Zaino is you have to order it and it gets pretty expensive. By the time you buy Z-2 wax plus the hardener, plus the enhance spray, and the Sealer...throw in Z-5 for the occasional scratch, the carwash (which is phenominal) and shipping
SHOCKED.gif

However, being a wax junkie (I try all kinds) a very close second minus all the hubub...Meguires tech wax 2.0. I've got the regular tech wax and the 2.0 is better. It's very good stuff. (they make enhancer spray to, I got that too
tounge.gif
)

product_G12718.jpg

always used the Meguirs tech wax but got my hands on that honda polish spray and HolySh*t!

made my 240 kit really be noticed and my leds at night really bling off the rims!

someone here recently posted pics of their bike with a siiicccc shine, they stated meguiars.

Dear Friends

I thought Zymol was a crowd favorite.

I've used Zymol for three coats on my rear wheel but for nothing else. My neighbor, who's a very experienced rider and a MSF instructor, recommended Zymol to me.

A bottle of Zymol costs just under US$14 at Wal-Mart.

--Jaddie

The only thing I don't like about honda polish (and I'm not sure about this) but I believe, as it is a cleaner...it also takes off any wax you have. Not sure if the polish is UV resistant but I know my wax is.

So I'm not real thrilled about spraying off my 50 coats of zaino and leaving my bike unprotected.

I use honda polish to but on my rims and faceshield, etc. My plastics get wax.

A funny sidestory...I stopped for gas and this pud comes walking up wearing some colored marketing product shirt and started talking to me about my bike, then said he wanted to show me how good the cleaning product he was selling (in a can) was and figured he better ask my permission before he starts "polishing" my bike for me as a demo...yeah, do you think.

Some idiot walks up to my bike with some dirty scuzzy hard rag and spray my bike with god knows what, stripping off my wax and scuffing up the paint with your "shop towel"...there's a bonified azzwhipping waiting to happen.

Thanks, but not interested. Get the hell away from my bike  
guns.gif

BTW - MAKE SURE YOU USE A QUALITY SOFT CLEAN TOWELS...I use microfiber but high quality cotton is pretty good to.

$100 for any wax product just seems out of sight to me.. my meguiars Nxt works just great (and at $14 it is a lot easier on the pocketbook) We did take a painted panel and used 3 different products on it and frankly you could not see the difference between any one of them.. Real Carnuba, Nxt, and just a straight polish job using Liquid ebony.. not a seam to be seen by anyone..

I like zymol or meguiars tech 22 wax is great for a AMAZING shine and feel to it it just isnt' the longes lasting of the waxes zymol and meg's tech wax are good for longer periods without wax on it how well does that zanio wax last? cause im usually willing to give up a lil show shine for longer lasting if i need it perfect i use a different wax

If you're waxing a K8 dont forget the fairing stickers are ontop of the paint and you get a white line build up of wax on the edge of the stickers which makes it even more noticable that they are not under the clear coat ....hope this makes sense !!

Back