Which turbo setup for Gen II + who to install in the DC metro area?

1SlowBusaKid

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm not up-to-date on which kits are the best out there for the Gen II bikes so please fill me in. I'm not looking to go into the motor, so something like a Stage I or Stage II is what I think I'm interested in.

Also, are there any competent shops in the DC metro area that would be able to install this?

Thanks in advance!

:race:

RCC is the best. Product, support, value, reliability. Having a gen 2 means you can use a one to one regulator, which essentially makes the kit a stage 2. Most of the issues with turbo kits stem from the rising rate regulator used on stage ones.

RCC is the best. Product, support, value, reliability. Having a gen 2 means you can use a one to one regulator, which essentially makes the kit a stage 2. Most of the issues with turbo kits stem from the rising rate regulator used on stage ones.

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into RCC. For their Stage I kit, it says it will fit under the stock fairings. But does it fit without modification?

Is this a DIY type of install? I work on my car, truck, and jetski but never a bike. Seems straightforward.

Total do it yourself. He gives you step by step instructions with pictures and everything. If you run full exhaust I don't believe you'll need to do any fairng cutting. I ran a dump pipe so I trimmed off a bit of the inner lip of the opening on the right side of the bike. You can't see the trimming even if you get down a look with a flashlight. Richard is the man for sure. He has called me back on Sundays. I don't think I'd have turbo'd mine if it weren't for him.

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into RCC. For their Stage I kit, it says it will fit under the stock fairings. But does it fit without modification?

Is this a DIY type of install? I work on my car, truck, and jetski but never a bike. Seems straightforward.

If you do happen to do the install yourself. Let me know. I would like to see what is involved with installing a kit or if you need a helping hand. I have always wanted to go boost.

All you'll need is a standard socket set, screwdrivers, a couple of drill bits, locktite, maybe a Dremel for the fairing trim (use the sprial blade) and that's about it. He sends out a PDF file for the insructions that are literally step by step with pictures. I seriously believe that my daughter could install a kit, and she doesn't know what a socket set is. If you choose to run a spacer plate you'll be in for more work, but the kit by itself is a snap. The hardest part for me was making the plenum straps bend just right so the tank would close without touching them, but I'm crazy about the detail on all my bikes stuff. Also, if you ever choose to upgrade, Richard is who you'd be talking to anyways. He makes the Ultra plenum. It's on tons of record holding bikes.

It sounds like I might just do this in my garage one evening. Big E, I'll definitely let you know. Still tossing the turbo idea around. I should probably do more responsible things with my money.. :laugh:

The fairing removal can be a bit of a puzzle the first couple of times you take them off. I know there are some tutorials on line. It will likely take a full weekend time wise.

Just got done prepping a costumers gen 2 for an Rcc stage 1. It will be in on Wednesday.
ee883990.jpg

I got 5 turbo busas in the shop right now that make anywhere from 230hp to 617hp. All Rcc equipped.

See, there's another reason to go with RCC. Murderedout said the kit is coming Wednesday...and you can bet it will be there, and it will be complete. Seems basic, but there are horror stories from other suppliers.

Just got done prepping a costumers gen 2 for an Rcc stage 1. It will be in on Wednesday.

I got 5 turbo busas in the shop right now that make anywhere from 230hp to 617hp. All Rcc equipped.

What setup are you doing? Is it just a base kit 4psi?

Richard is the way to go. You'll still need a tuner after you do the bolt on.

Back