which TRE for ME?

kentmax5

Registered
well guys another mod question.....moding an 06 for the Texas Mile.....am gettin a Tsusiki (not sure about spelling) 4-1 and a pc3 usb and a bmc filter(race) want a gear indicator and a tre.. do I go with ECU flash? or the Atre gear indicator with built in Tre?

Not the answer your looking for and maybe you already know wabout it. But smithabusa (greg) from boostbysmith.com has a ton of info and better options than a tre.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get with Greg like Matt said, he has ECU flashing or you can get a switch that's plug and play for about $25 that only trips 6th gear into the 5th gear map and works much better than a tre which enriches the entire map. Greg also has standalone gear indicators.

Here's the thing... the timing, a/f curve, or mapping is all different.

TRE = 5-5-5-5-5-5 maps
Smart TRE = 1-2-3-4-5-5 maps
ECUedit = 1-2-3-4-5-6 maps

I agree, Do your homework and you will agree to..
ECU FLASH I had mine done by Schnitz , had the ECU back on my bike in 5 days,,, Speed limiter removed, lower gear restrictions removed, Fuel map and REV limiter left stock,,
M4 full pipe,
K&N filter
PC V

mIKE

Here's the thing... the timing, a/f curve, or mapping is all different.

TRE = 5-5-5-5-5-5 maps
Smart TRE = 1-2-3-4-5-5 maps
ECUedit = 1-2-3-4-5-6 maps

:rulez: Let us just open our factory shop manuals, shall we? And read the abstract to the GPS code. One reason the tre continues to be misunderstood is no one is reading the way the factory tells you what gear it defaults to.

I'm going to take your abstract and ask you to explain away the combination of 3 different tre's that plot so many different maps if the book says 6 is the puppy.

Anyone that knows how to plot a PC, or better yet, a kit-ECU, knows that the base map you plot out, trims the other cylinder map lines as it follows base setting. That map is for all the cylinders no matter the gear. Sound right? GPS no longer sends in what gear it's in if it's shorted out and spits a code.

So, how can you read the book, say another thing totally opposite of the book. Where do you get your info? I'm taking my source from the kit-ECU software you can download and research yourself so you know how to address the tune.

TRE = Gear position is not needed. Fuel trim calcs in the hard mode for all gears. Might as well call 5 a 6 as per book because guess watt?

SmarTRE = No matter the hook up, no matter the resistance used, show me how you... Wait...

ECUedit = Can we make compensation maps for accel purposes? Make one map, it feeds the others through the machining once it has both axis (rpm/tps) plotted? If so, then revert back to the other two doing nothing of the sort. The editor type units are the tricks you need, if you wanna go racing.

:whistle: You'll wake up to the concept soon, I keep confusing you about how simple a code is to figure out. Think how the computer functions. You need to set all the axis with the software inside the ECU so as to change the fuel trim, accel, actuator speed, gear ratio settings for the GPS; to re-gear itself to shift that part of the electrical group-loop, i.e., group-loop of limiters that know when to kick in the spark limit to the rpm, or the 186 limit to the mph. Get it?

So how did the tre set all these gears up different if the code sets the hard maps and gates your tre/smartre right to ground = (6)Locked. You went nowhere says ohm's law. The book stays in 6th. The gear position reads 6. If your theory was correct, then what you are saying will lock in 5th display as reading that gear number on your dash. Get it? Besides, the more I typed that last sentence out, it stumbled so severe in the practical, I could not walk it like a 4-stroke that steps to the music. Change the sequence of the 4-stroke theory and it does not seem to work that well then, does it. See my point?

:thumbsup:

Did I tell you tre threads are fun?

:rulez: Let us just open our factory shop manuals, shall we? And read the abstract to the GPS code. One reason the tre continues to be misunderstood is no one is reading the way the factory tells you what gear it defaults to.

I'm going to take your abstract and ask you to explain away the combination of 3 different tre's that plot so many different maps if the book says 6 is the puppy.

Anyone that knows how to plot a PC, or better yet, a kit-ECU, knows that the base map you plot out, trims the other cylinder map lines as it follows base setting. That map is for all the cylinders no matter the gear. Sound right? GPS no longer sends in what gear it's in if it's shorted out and spits a code.

So, how can you read the book, say another thing totally opposite of the book. Where do you get your info? I'm taking my source from the kit-ECU software you can download and research yourself so you know how to address the tune.

TRE = Gear position is not needed. Fuel trim calcs in the hard mode for all gears. Might as well call 5 a 6 as per book because guess watt?

SmarTRE = No matter the hook up, no matter the resistance used, show me how you... Wait...

ECUedit = Can we make compensation maps for accel purposes? Make one map, it feeds the others through the machining once it has both axis (rpm/tps) plotted? If so, then revert back to the other two doing nothing of the sort. The editor type units are the tricks you need, if you wanna go racing.

:whistle: You'll wake up to the concept soon, I keep confusing you about how simple a code is to figure out. Think how the computer functions. You need to set all the axis with the software inside the ECU so as to change the fuel trim, accel, actuator speed, gear ratio settings for the GPS; to re-gear itself to shift that part of the electrical group-loop, i.e., group-loop of limiters that know when to kick in the spark limit to the rpm, or the 186 limit to the mph. Get it?

So how did the tre set all these gears up different if the code sets the hard maps and gates your tre/smartre right to ground = (6)Locked. You went nowhere says ohm's law. The book stays in 6th. The gear position reads 6. If your theory was correct, then what you are saying will lock in 5th display as reading that gear number on your dash. Get it? Besides, the more I typed that last sentence out, it stumbled so severe in the practical, I could not walk it like a 4-stroke that steps to the music. Change the sequence of the 4-stroke theory and it does not seem to work that well then, does it. See my point?

:thumbsup:

Did I tell you tre threads are fun?

Can anyone translate this?

He can't translate his own text. Don't try to understand him. If you want some help talk to smithabusa. Good dude can explain it and make sense and he's also not gonna tell you a bunch of irrelevant gibberish.

You could also check his site out at boostbysmith.com
Posted via Mobile Device

What is the going rate to have a ECU reflashed? I would like to have it done, but don't know who I should go to to have it done?

Back