Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (used or new)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Buds,

I need to get a larger ride. My sportscar is driving me crazy. I need at least enough power to pull my cycle trailer and haul 4 people comfortably. I am leaning towards the Jeep since it can do off-road well and is not tooooo big, yet has a powerful engine and good towing capacity.

So, what do you folks think? New vs. Used Jeep vs. Toyota...

Help a confused non-SUV'er out.

Thanks

M1 Abrams tank. At 1/2 a mile per gallon, you'll be the envy of every local soccer mom.

Yeah I drive a Tahoe too.....few years old now but, absolutely love it.....full power all leather and excellent pulling power......they are a little bigger than a jeep though......but that just means you can fit more people.
My wife drives a 3 year old Grand Cherokee.....and we're going to sell it cuz she'd rather drive my Tahoe......way more roomy and comfortable she says.....not to mention more power.......course mine's not completely stock anymore.

Hadn't even considered GMC... It will probably come down to where I can get a good deal. Look at my Turbo post, that is where ALL my money goes nowa daze!

Thanks, keep the comments a coming....

Hadn't even considered GMC...    It will probably come down to where I can get a good deal.  Look at my Turbo post, that is where ALL my money goes nowa daze!

Thanks, keep the comments a coming....
Whoa, OK, Glad you asked the question.  Before your buy anything check out the Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy.  I know I know it's American but GM builds a damn fine truck.  A buddy at work just bought a Chevy Trailblazer and I have to tell you I am impressed.  The power is good, the ride is head and shoulders above an Exploder and it's actaully quieter riding than my Infiniti I30.  

The Envoy is a little more upscale but I really like the looks of it better.  The Tahoe is cool but it is also a little more money and a bit bigger.  

Check em' out.  My buddy Seth got himself a fully loaded Trailblazer, leather, cd, Onstar, compass, computer etc. with 5K miles on the clock (demo) for right at $24k.  Schweet...

Oh yeah and they are offering incentives of $4k right now.

brand_photo8.jpg

I would love to have a new TrailBlazer,
But they don't come in silver.

Stick with General Motors. Can't go wrong.

Being a Chevy guy I'll throw in my 2 cents...

A Trailblazer or an Envoy or a Tahoe are all good.

As far as being American, my brother has a Trailblazer with a Mercedes straight six in it. My truck '94 Silverado was assembled in Canada. My friends Suburban says Hecho en Mexico on the rear door. Go figure.

My question would be SUV or Big SUV...Trailblazer, Envoy or Tahoe as standard size...Expedition as a full size or big SUV lots of room plenty of power...

Only thought on that is that you can fit a Trailblazer in a standard garage.

always own Fords,never had a problem with them, i drive the new Explorer ,like it very much, plus it comes with the third row seating in the back.

Hate to be anti-domestic... But, Ford, GM, Chrysler (jeep) SUVs blow compared to rice burners... BTW - the Tahoe is too big for what you mentioned (i.e. towing a trailer and 3 others??). Get a new Toyota 4 Runner, and you will be VERY satisfied with the off-road performance.

I have owned pretty much every SUV and 4x4 mentioned in this post, and by far the 4Runner was best. The new 4Runner is even better with V-8. The only thing I have owned that performed better off-road (stock) was my 63 Willys CJ3B with a hurricane engine.

My $.02, Rippah

Hate to be anti-domestic...  But, Ford, GM, Chrysler (jeep) SUVs blow compared to rice burners...  BTW - the Tahoe is too big for what you mentioned (i.e. towing a trailer and 3 others??).  Get a new Toyota 4 Runner, and you will be VERY satisfied with the off-road performance.

I have owned pretty much every SUV and 4x4 mentioned in this post, and by far the 4Runner was best.  The new 4Runner is even better with V-8.  The only thing I have owned that performed better off-road (stock) was my 63 Willys CJ3B with a hurricane engine.

My $.02, Rippah
I really disagree on this point Oracle, not that it matters but having been in both a four runner and a trailblazer lately from a ride quality, road noise, handling, and equipment Toyota and Nissan cannot compete. I found the Chevy and the GMC Envoy to be much quieter, they handled better and had more features. When you look at a Brand new Four Runner, Xterra, etc they just cannot match it.

I was pretty surprised, I have never liked GM, except maybe the Vette's and Caddies, otherwise I have allways pretty much disliked GM with a passion. BUT, when it comes to trucks, especially the Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Trailblazer, You cannot beat them...

My .02....

skip gettin a new 1 Doc.....get an older 4Runner... they do it all , and hold their value . This place still has tons of them Toyota's runnin' around . 'Member the 22R motors, tuff as nails .
I say skip a new one 'cause of this...DEPRECIATION.

I bought my 'Busa for 8000.oo CDN with 6000 miles on it.

The original owner paid....after taxes,P&D,dealer prep,frieght
AND AN' EXTRA LARGE JAR of Vaseline...
17,220.oo....that was 24 months ago.

Dont do it Doc.....don't buy new....
11doh.gif

Well, since I work for Honda, I'd have to agree with Cache about the Pilot, however I have a Mercury Mountaineer in my garage. I have been extremely satisified with the Mountaineer. It is my second one now, and it is a vast improvement over the previous model style.

try the trailblazer out you'll buy it.

3000$ in rebates, or 0% for 60 mo.. or 1.9% on 72 mo.

they got awesome power..

just as a side note if you wanna make the trip I will get ya a good deal Doc... long trip though... Honaker Virginia.

Just my .02 from my personal experiences...but, that's what you asked for right: I had a Cherokee, then a Grand Cherokee. Both had transmission problems after about 70k miles, both seemed to be cheaply constructed. Now I have a GMC Yukon and love it, but I need something that big to haul my boat. I would definately recommend test driving an Envoy if you don't want something as big as a Tahoe/Yukon.

BTW: Stay away from the Durango. I've had 3 different friends with blown engines, rear differentials, transmissions, etc, etc.

Back