Which political news channel tells the truth?

Which political news channel tells it how it is?

• Total voters

BUSAnomics

Registered
Out of the big three channels out there, which one do you feel is giving you unbias reporting? Who tells it like it is? Which is the best? CNN, FOX, or MSNBC...

None! you have to watch all and use your own common sense to put the pieces together. You will never know 100% truth unless you watched it unfold with your own two eyes. All of the stations have their own agendas and put a spin on it to get more viewers. More viewers means more advertisers and more advertisers means more money in their pocket. None of the stations care about us, they only care about making money.

To quote Metallica...."sad but true"

It's hard to find the truth in the media brother. :laugh:

I'm the fox vote because I think they make a lot more effort, but I haven't watched the news in a while.

They all three to some extent or another slant the news to meet their owner's priorities.

None of those three options are even in the running.... particularly Fox and MSNBC. CNN can be somewhat quasi-balance on occasion, but they can badly slant as well.

MSNBC is a complete libtard haven, it is little more than an online HuffPost, if you will..... though Rachel Maddow can be actually quite good at times.

As far as Fox News, puh-leese...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Survey: Fox News Viewers Worst-Informed, NPR Listeners Best-Informed

In a current affairs knowledge test taken during that survey, folks that watched Fox News scored LESS that those watching NO newscasts of any sort! :rofl:

The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly — a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only The Daily Show with Jon Stewart could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

Link

I watch all that I can (including nightly news, Sunday talk shows, CSPAN, and comedy shows like the Colbert Report) so that I can be somewhat well rounded on issues. I must admit that I watch MSNBC the least. They are so blindingly bias that it's frustrating. I try to watch it every now and then because they have some watchdog stuff that republicans do that you won't see on Fox or maybe not on CNN, but even that is skewed truth a lot of the time.

With Fox, you just have to pick and choose which programs to watch because they have OPINION shows (Hannity, Oreilly, Greta, The Five) and then shows that are not meant to give much opinion, but REPORT the news. These are still right leaning, you can tell by the stories they chose, but it at least aims (in theory) at being fair and balanced. Happening Now, The Fox Report, etc. Fox also at least has disenting opinions on their shows. Usually it's the anchor, then someone from the left and someone from the right. MSNBC always has an uber-liberal anchor interviewing two or three uber-liberal members of congress. It's ridiculous, and it shows in their ratings.

CNN tries to be objective, but they lean to the left and it's pretty apparent. They are the least biased among cable news outlets.

I watch Fox the most. I don't watch Hannity because he's too bias. I think even though people hate Oreily, I think he tries to be pretty logical with his stuff, though he says crazy stuff too sometimes, but everyone does. I catch The Five all the time, and Red Eye sometimes (2:00AM CST). I watch CNN next, then comedy shows and CSPAN.

None! you have to watch all and use your own common sense to put the pieces together. You will never know 100% truth unless you watched it unfold with your own two eyes.

I don't think there is enough truth in news broadcasts to form an informed opinion. The news media reports a story not necessarily all the facts.

Here is what I have noticed...

Fox - While I am a Republican they often times go way to far demonizing some people or making things more than they really are.

CNN - They seem to leave relevant facts out of the story or tell the story in a way that lean more towards the left.

ABCnews
MSNBC

These news sources seem to go with the popular stories but never really dig into the facts...

I watch CNN and Fox and somewhere in the middle I find what I believe to be the truth....

really people? FOX? wow! id say the BBC is most accurate but it wasnt a choice. there are always two sides of the story and the truth LIES somewhere in the middle of all news programs. but really? FOX. the most liberal slanted media outlet in the history of man. apparently a whole lotta people are brain washed.....:whistle:

sry but of those listed CNN is the best choice.

The right has a problem. Their world view benifits only about 10% of the population. This means that they must use some pretty aggressive propaganda tatics to get an additional 40% of the people on their side. Fox news is dedicated to this goal and part of what they do is displayed in this thread - make you not trust anyone. There is no right or left version of the truth, there is just the truth. When the truth runs counter to a right or left position, the person delivering it is not necessarily taking a side.

That being said, MSNBC is without a doubt a left wing mouth piece.

Why is it that any time someone stands opposite people with a left-leaning mindset, the conservatives are always 'brainwashed' or have 'drank too much of the koolaid'. Kind of disrespectful in my book. Almost like saying that there must be something wrong with them since they don't see things the same as you or that they are incapable of making an informed choice because it differs from your choice.

really people? FOX? wow! id say the BBC is most accurate but it wasnt a choice. there are always two sides of the story and the truth LIES somewhere in the middle of all news programs. but really? FOX. the most liberal slanted media outlet in the history of man. apparently a whole lotta people are brain washed.....:whistle:

sry but of those listed CNN is the best choice.

FOX the most liberal? uhh....

The right has a problem. Their world view benifits only about 10% of the population. This means that they must use some pretty aggressive propaganda tatics to get an additional 40% of the people on their side. Fox news is dedicated to this goal and part of what they do is displayed in this thread - make you not trust anyone. There is no right or left version of the truth, there is just the truth. When the truth runs counter to a right or left position, the person delivering it is not necessarily taking a side.

That being said, MSNBC is without a doubt a left wing mouth piece.

Well...since 90% of governments, business and people are going broke, many, many times thru their own stupidity...I'll stick with the 10% that aren't thank you.

Back