Which part of the clutch assembly did I break?

draco880

Registered
Hey all, new Busa rider. Had a minor lowside when some jerk hit me coming out of a parking lot. Generally the bike is fine, as am I, but part of the clutch lever assembly broke. You can see from the pictures here: it looks to me like the end of the actual lever broke, and it can't reliably grab the plunger for the clutch anymore. I checked some Busa parts diagrams online, but none have a part number or title for the rubber skirt and related assembly. What would I want to replace to get this back to normal? Thanks for any advice.

IMG_20180716_142137.jpg
IMG_20180716_142137.jpg

Hey all, new Busa rider. Had a minor lowside when some jerk hit me coming out of a parking lot. Generally the bike is fine, as am I, but part of the clutch lever assembly broke. You can see from the pictures here: it looks to me like the end of the actual lever broke, and it can't reliably grab the plunger for the clutch anymore. I checked some Busa parts diagrams online, but none have a part number or title for the rubber skirt and related assembly. What would I want to replace to get this back to normal? Thanks for any advice.

View attachment 1583653View attachment 1583653
It's the end of the clutch lever as you assumed, that area also holds a brass fitting.

You will need to order a clutch lever and that brass fitting as most replacement clutch levers don't come with one. I've never seen a clutch lever break there before, usually the tip breaks...

All,

Awesome, thanks for the info. Anyone got an idea what the brass portion might be called? Can't find it on parts diagrams.

You will need to order a clutch lever and that brass fitting
as most replacement clutch levers don't come with one .

I've never seen a clutch lever
break there before, usually the tip breaks . . .

Had a brake lever fail there before ~ might still have the old clutch lever *

Just order some Pazzos. My Pazzos work great on my busa. I do believe I had to swap the OEM brass bushing thing over to the Pazzos though.

Busa Pazzos are a little heavier than stock : /

Back