Which Military Service are you in or have served ?

Which Military Service are you in or have served ? - Seems to be alotta military on here

• Marines

Votes: 87 100.0%
  • Army

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navy

• Air Force

• Coast Guard

• Reserves/National Guard of any branch

• No service but I love these guys

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
prior service-army 93-96 1/21 inf. shcofield, brks. hi
ma. nat'l guard- 96-01 1/104 inf.

Ex- Navy here... I got a funny story...

I'm a FAR cry from a little guy, and was listening to some of my younger brothers friends about 2 years ago. Heard one of his little thug-wannabe buddies who I know for a fact has'nt had a mociicum of responsibility himself talking about "F-ing jarheads" (cause he lost his sweetheart to an guy who was an ex-jarhead).

I heard this and walked over where they were and asked him. "You served in one of the armed forces?" He says no of course, but he then announces he father was ex-army like my brother and mine was. So I looking down at this protected little mama's boy tell him "Well you dad earned the right to call em Jarheads... I've earned the right as well having served, but until you cut the cord, get a sack and serve yourself if I ever hear you talking badly about anyone who has ever served I will personally beat the ever-loving **** out of you."

Needless to say he shrunk up like a little bitch and has never said anything about servicemen since then according to my brother. tounge.gif

And ya all you Jarheads are basically retarded!!! GO NAVY!! smile.gif

Dang, all this Marine and Navy talk almost makes me ashamed to say I was Army for over 20 years...
I used to think tha Army held up their end...
But now, I dunno...
The only thing I get for all those years, is that I get to make up for all those years of pisspoorpay now as a
GS-13...

(Devious @ Sep. 11 2006,11:54) Dang, all this Marine and Navy talk almost makes me ashamed to say I was Army for over 20 years...
But now, I dunno...
I’m sure you have better things to be ashamed of then that Col LOL!

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,13:57)
(Devious @ Sep. 11 2006,11:54) Dang, all this Marine and Navy talk almost makes me ashamed to say I was Army for over 20 years...
But now, I dunno...
I’m sure you have better things to be ashamed of then that Col LOL!
Yeppers, some good and some bad...
Some I laugh at now...
And some, I still wake up and cry at nite about...

LMAO I got nothing but mad respect for the lifers. Hell to basically make it on what Uncle Sam pays as oppsed to the private sector you all aren't doing it for the money. So I have to say you are doing it for the right reasons.

One thing I will say about Marines, is that they are very close to each other...
Not to get in a pissin contest about who is the better combatant, but...
Most of the marines I had the pleasure to stand beside, were so close to each other, that at times it seemed that any one could have finished anothers sentence...
Even though I was Army forever, I never experienced that kind of cohesion from any other Branch...
So you Marines have my deepest respect...

David

Hmmmmm...Looks like the Army guys are winning ....by a chin hair ! No Coast Guard on here ? wow.gif

Active Duty Marine 88-92 (Desert Storm) then in 2000 signed up for National Guard-Heavy Equipment -- got called up in 2003 for Iraqi Freedom and spent a year in the Sunni Triangle. All done in 2006! jump9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back