Which HIDs?

I don't really understand that but I'm sure someone will straighten me out shortly. The K value is the frequency and determines the color / temp of the light , the 35 / 55 watt refers to the amount of power required and typically a 120 watt lightbulb produces greater light than a 60 watt. I'm confused :laugh:

Where's my EE that hangs out around here :poke:

I don't really understand that but I'm sure someone will straighten me out shortly. The K value is the frequency and determines the color / temp of the light , the 35 / 55 watt refers to the amount of power required and typically a 120 watt lightbulb produces greater light than a 60 watt. I'm confused :laugh:

Where's my EE that hangs out around here :poke:

Look at post #5 in this thread. I agree that the k value determines the light but a 55w washes some color from the bulb. You can see the bluer light in the left light vs the whiter lighter on the right. That difference in color is due to the watt of the ballast. Ddm tuning website tells you that the 55w loses some color. So if you wanted a 55w bulb to look like a 35w 6000k you should order a 8000k bulb for the 55w.

I'm thinking, not an expert that the gent with the 4300K was on the right path for me, but I try not to ride at night and the Gen II lighting is adequate for me.

Agree. But he also has a projector retro fit. Why he has such great cutoff lines. Best way to go for any hid setup.

I like to use the 6k cause the slight blue tinge allows me to stand out more in traffic instead of blending in with surrounding vehicles.

It took about 11 days to get them from DDM. Good prices but it comes from China, even though they have stores in California.

The main reason I went with the 4300K is because all those blue lights seem to take my focus off the road and more on the light I guess you could call it "zoning out". I've had regular bulb conversions in all sorts of colors and for vision the 4300 or 5000 are the best for me. besides i like the white with the nice sharp refraction cut-off, looks more like "higher end" lighting.

I like to use the 6k cause the slight blue tinge allows me to stand out more in traffic instead of blending in with surrounding vehicles.

The main reason I went with the 4300K is because all those blue lights seem to take my focus off the road and more on the light I guess you could call it "zoning out". I've had regular bulb conversions in all sorts of colors and for vision the 4300 or 5000 are the best for me. besides i like the white with the nice sharp refraction cut-off, looks more like "higher end" lighting.

That was one of the problems with my HIDs on the '06. The 6000K was blue and everybody knew who owned and rode the black busa with the blue headlights. My understanding is that the 4300K meets DOT regs.

I personally prefer the 5000K hid bulbs, very white without being excessively blue like the 6000K and 8000K bulbs. The 5000K bulbs are also better at showing contrast at night, the bluer bulbs tend to make everything looked washed out.

I have ddmtuning 3000K 55W in the gargar I havent installed yet.
Currently I have an ebay 55W 3000K that's running perfectly fine so far.
I like to order as if I'm ordering for a car (pair) so if a bulb or ballast goes, I have a back up.
Personally, I love that bright yellow look and it gets me that extra attention at night.
normally, If someone sees one 4300-6000K bulb lit up they will think it's a car with a headlight out.
If they see a bright yellow 3000K lit up they will tend to say WTF is that?

It took about 11 days to get them from DDM. Good prices but it comes from China, even though they have stores in California.

where is the linked or site where you got these DDMs from china since the California place will charge me more for the S&H out here to Thailand and the chinese normally goes free...
thank you for the info Sir

Back