Which headphone/radio system to use?

Veritas Una

Registered
Can anyone please recommend any good radio for a full face helmet, which will enable 2 riders to talk to each other while riding on 2 different bikes?

Would be nice if it had an option of plaguing in a mp3 player like an iPod?

well you have some options. Audiocom has a nice one but every piece is seperate and you would need TWO.

I use a chatterbox which you can find nice used ones on this board usually.

I have the 2 mile and the 5 mile range one. Over kill usually rider is next to you.

One piece design fits right onto helmet or belt etc.
voice activated so you can talk to another rider with one. Again you will need two but...

I ride with one on my helmet. My son rides on back seat plugged into my device on my helmet. We talk hands free to each other. I have mp3 plugged into device on helmet. WE BOTH hear it fine and still can talk to each other hands free. Cell phone plugged into device on helmet, CAUTION... we both can talk to person on phone. sometimes not so good.

Other motocycle rider has same set up with passenger.

I can talk to other rider hands free, still while listening to mp3. momentary automatically mutes while talking. Still can talk to son on back.

Son can talk to other driver on bike, or better yet son talks to passenger on other bike, all hands free. Other bike has own mp3 music going on same style.

Add a "NOJ quiet rider" nylon cover to large opening on helmet you put head thru and it's so quiet inside your helmet wind noise really is no longer a problem.

Many people have many coments. I love mine except it does look kinda funny on a helmet. Seen my bike, too much crap to worry about how helmet looks. Also has option included but didnt use, handle bar PUSH TO TALK button so you can talk to other rider when you push button. Works with all frs hand held walkie talkie two way radios. When son is in car and im on bike we talk. If he's out in da hood, and im riding upto 5miles we talk to "check in".

My 02.cents hope it helps. I refuse to ride without it now. MP3 makes riding so much funn.

JD

Back