Which hard cases are better and why?

redliner100

Registered
Givi E360 Monokey Luggage Case vs Hepco & Becker Journey sidecases

trying to decide between these two hard cases to be mounted onto a Hayabusa. I would appreciate anyone wishing to express a preference or additional info on either product, especially relating to functionality and durability.

I've been to Twisted Throttle but the info on the Journey cases is very limited.
thanks
redliner

make some mounts for Pelican cases.....that way if you crash and they break....they are replaced free!
laugh.gif

I just bought one for transporting my weapon on airplanes.....sweet!

Those Pelican cases are great! I have had one for years that I use to transport my dive camera and related equipment. I could (have never) check that thing and never worry about my camera gear being damaged. I don't know about putting them on a bike though. You talking two of them as saddle bags?
rock.gif
?

Those Pelican cases are great! I have had one for years that I use to transport my dive camera and related equipment. I could (have never) check that thing and never worry about my camera gear being damaged. I don't know about putting them on a bike though. You talking two of them as saddle bags?
rock.gif
?
I was semi sarcastic ...there are so many sizes....but they wouldn't look right...but they would absolutely last!

since I have never tried the ones he mentioend...I had nothing else to offer.... unless he asks about beetle bags....but those are more bling than functional

I was trying to add to your sarcasm. I know, in the future, I should refrain from attempts at humor and/or being sarcastic.

make some mounts for Pelican cases.....that way if you crash and they break....they are replaced free!
laugh.gif

I just bought one for transporting my weapon on airplanes.....sweet!
Interesting! Never thought about that! I have an Otterbox for my PDA and they stand behind there stuff the same way as Pelican.

But back to the question at hand. My personal preference was for the Hepco and Becker bags. Due to Aetherics more than anything. Buell is now putting them on the Ulysses from the factory and they are a good looking bag. Krausers are also very good if a bit bland looking compared to these two. I have looked at all of them with the thought of one day putting them on mine but I just haven't seen the perfect setup yet so I remain on the fence. Just look at my Avatar! Also you might want to check out the mounts that Beaudry motorsports make for the Givi's on the Hayabusa. They take a Bandit 1200 maount and mod it for the Hayabusa and they claim it pulls the bags right up tight to the bodywork as opposed to carrying them way out to the sides.

http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/images/instock/busabags.jpg

Big,
thanks for the tip about Beaudry. I called them but man, those racks are pricey, $360 just for the rack. near fell over. almost as much as the bags themselves. those keyless Givi bags look slick in that photo at the link you provided. thanks

For sure they definitely are proud of them! Haven't seen them in person but I spoke to them about the setup earlier in the year. I really like the looks of the Corbins but the price, size and Semi-permanent installation put me off.

For sure they definitely are proud of them! Haven't seen them in person but I spoke to them about the setup earlier in the year. I really like the looks of the Corbins but the price, size and Semi-permanent installation put me off.
I would buy the Corbins if I could find them for around $400.00 but the $1499.00 price they want for them on their site is crazy! Like you said, the semi perm mount turns me off too. I was thinking that I would be doing a lot of work with them taking the mounts on/off and they are not worth that kind of hassle at the asking price. I currently have soft bags and will stay with them for now. They are easy on/off and I like that.

Back