Which grips for maximum comfort?

BikePilot

Registered
Well, my right hand goes numb after about 20 minutes. I put the heli-bars on this weekend with no change in the problem.

I'm thinking about trying some fatter grips - hopefully really gooey ones that will absorb alot of vibes.

My FZR1000 had these oury block grips that worked well.

I noticed that the stock right grip has some molded "keying" to keep if from rotating on the throttle barrel. Do any aftermarket grips retain this feature? I don't really care about the locking, but it seems like standard grips wouldn't fit well over the locking flange the stock grips go over.

Any feedback?

sounds like you're putting too much pressure on your hands/wrists.

try using your abs and lower back to support your upper body more and see if it helps.

where did you get the gel padded gloves?
rock.gif

sounds like you're putting too much pressure on your hands/wrists.

try using your abs and lower back to support your upper body more and see if it helps.
Bingo! I'd be willing to bet that you're supportin' yer upper body weight on your hands/the grips. I done the same thing when I first got the busa (my first sport bike). Couldn't go more than 15-20 minutes without my hands goin' to sleep. Once I read some posts here and sorted out my ridin' position I started usin' my lower back and ab muscles to support my upper body while concentratin' on only puttin' pressure on the grips if I needed to make a directional change. Rode for 2.5 hours without gettin' off the busa the other day and not even a tingle in my hands. My grips? STOCK!
wink.gif

Try sortin' yer ridin' position out before you waste money on grips for comfort. Chances are that you didn't need the helibars or aftermarket grips unless you just want to change the looks (grips).

Back