Which Chain & Sprocket

Skak

Registered
I'd like to keep the same gearing as stock. I don't really care about bling. I'd just like something that works well and lasts a long time.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_0913.jpg

well i got a rk chain pbi rear sprocket and i forgot the front. i'll check but over 8k for all 3 and working great
super.gif

(Skak @ Dec. 21 2006,18:48) I'd like to keep the same gearing as stock.  I don't really care about bling.  I'd just like something that works well and lasts a long time.

Thanks.
Take the advice from the pro's who sell them and sell them at a competitive low price !

Recommended board sponsors I suggest first checking with.

cloud9.gif

Daniel aka GoldenChild.  
race.gif

track.gif

Charles aka Streetntrackimports.  
race.gif

mr468anim.gif

Kevin aka  Vman,,,,,,,,, down on one knee picking up change in turn 5.  
race.gif

Also do a search and  (PM)check with another board member by the name of <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Jester</span></span>  
jester6.jpg

race.gif

race.gif

(Rhythm @ Dec. 22 2006,14:23)
(Skak @ Dec. 21 2006,18:48) I'd like to keep the same gearing as stock.  I don't really care about bling.  I'd just like something that works well and lasts a long time.

Thanks.
Take the advice from the pro's who sell them and sell them at a competitive low price !

Recommended board sponsors I suggest first checking with.

cloud9.gif

Daniel aka GoldenChild.  
race.gif

track.gif

Charles aka Streetntrackimports.  
race.gif

mr468anim.gif

Kevin aka  Vman,,,,,,,,, down on one knee picking up change in turn 5.  
race.gif

Also do a search and  (PM)check with another board member by the name of <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Jester</span></span>  
jester6.jpg
The man's name is Josh...Jester0769  
wink.gif

race.gif

race.gif

Steel sprockets 17/40
With the ZZZ chain is a good way to go.( 11K Tensile)

1 board sponsor quoted me 208 shipped.

Who was that ?

Go with the PBI Front and Rear and ZVX chain by EK..lmk just a phone call away.

I would generally say sigma tsubaki but seeing as how i had one break at 6500 miles.i have not a bit of info or experiance with the others out there to offer even a bit of advice.when chains break it tears the hell out of everything.
AAAssjani.gif

(silverfreak @ Dec. 23 2006,14:03) I would generally say sigma tsubaki but seeing as how i had one break at 6500 miles.i have not a bit of info or experiance with the others out there to offer even a bit of advice.when chains break it tears the hell out of everything.
AAAssjani.gif
Well you might wanna try installing a chain slider, preventing uneven chain wear which probably assisted in your premature chain failure. Also improper chain slack could be another reason or added reason !

Something to think about while your doing your rebuild .  
cool.gif

Gilles adjuster
post-11-20361-103_0399.jpg

If your budget can handle it....a sidewinder 16000 tensile strength chain is the strongest on the market and should last you for years....along with a tri-metal rear sprocket one of the lightest and strongest sprockets out there made of three metals, steel teeth for long life with alloy center. If you like the "best of the best" stuff let me know.

Tsubaki makes a great chain also,I have one on a 250+ hp bike and works great...

I've really only stuck w/ Renthal sprockets
I have a Vortex, but it's not going on the bike
right now, running a Tsubaki Sigma chain-very nice(had one on my 1K)

also have the Sidewinder ti chain & sprocket(recommended by GPW) light as all get out & way strong

AFAM makes nice sprockets as well!!

(GPW @ Dec. 23 2006,23:04) If your budget can handle it....a sidewinder 16000 tensile strength chain is the strongest on the market and should last you for years....along with a tri-metal rear sprocket one of the lightest and strongest sprockets out there made of three metals, steel teeth for long life with alloy center. If you like the "best of the best" stuff let me know.
Hey Greg what's that run for a Busa in stock gearing?

Back