Which category do you fall in?

Tached1300

Registered
When it comes to tires for your bike?

1) Must have matching tires and matching compounds front/rear

2) I like a soft tire up front and a harder compound on the rear

3) I like a harder compound up front and a softer compound on rear

4) If it's rubber and rolls I can roll with it because no one can stop me and you can only hope to contain me.

5)If cords are not showing i haven’t tried

I have option 1 on the concours and option 2 on the busa, but once these tires are done on the busa, I’ll be switching it to option 1 as well. The option 5 is scary. I’ll never forget the first time I took off a tire after getting it completely bald in the middle (don’t laugh, I’m in Florida). I did the tire change myself and was shocked at how thin they get, even before cords start to show.

I have option 1 on the concours and option 2 on the busa, but once these tires are done on the busa, I’ll be switching it to option 1 as well. The option 5 is scary. I’ll never forget the first time I took off a tire after getting it completely bald in the middle (don’t laugh, I’m in Florida). I did the tire change myself and was shocked at how thin they get, even before cords start to show.
Yep! That’s why low tread tyres are so prone to punctures.
They also slip badly on uneven road surfaces.
I always get a matched pair and replace AS a pair, even if the front looks like it could go another 1000 kms, I like the feel of new tyres.

Number one but more matching compounds than matching tires, they’re all radials. I’ve run Michelin Pilot Roads on the Busa since the OEM take offs in 06. Harder center with softer sides as I tour on them and don’t want to change tires all the time. Also, a soft rear can wear thru before a 4,000 mile tour is over. Same brand for me although I don’t always change them as a pair. On my Ducati 999 I ran Pilot Powers for all around stickyness, but I didn’t take it very far on rides, the main reason I sold it, and it was beautiful!

Yep! That’s why low tread tyres are so prone to punctures.
They also slip badly on uneven road surfaces.
I always get a matched pair and replace AS a pair, even if the front looks like it could go another 1000 kms, I like the feel of new tyres.
Yeah, I was amazed to see that I could push in the center with one finger! That’s how thin and flexible it was. It also made me wonder, where the hell does all that rubber compound goes? Is not like the sides of the highways have 3ft mounds of rubber on the shoulders. Lol!

Yeah, I was amazed to see that I could push in the center with one finger! That’s how thin and flexible it was. It also made me wonder, where the hell does all that rubber compound goes? Is not like the sides of the highways have 3ft mounds of rubber on the shoulders. Lol!
It wears off and I'd imagine there is rubber compound everywhere, we probably breath a lot in when we are on the hiway...

Back