Which brake master.......

I just completed my winter rebuild of the bike and did a R1 brembo mc. Found a used one, very low mileage. At the time, I did new SS lines, rotors and pads. After a couple rides, yesterday did a 320km run. Holy telegraph pole, the difference is a whole world apart from stock. I cannot believe the improvement.
A the time, I tried a zx14 clutch mc and it was just to big and awkward to make work. The fluid inlet is on top, which means the reservoir sits way high and I just couldn't get a good fit. Where as the R1 is side inlet

I just completed my winter rebuild of the bike and did a R1 brembo mc. Found a used one, very low mileage. At the time, I did new SS lines, rotors and pads. After a couple rides, yesterday did a 320km run. Holy telegraph pole, the difference is a whole world apart from stock. I cannot believe the improvement.
A the time, I tried a zx14 clutch mc and it was just to big and awkward to make work. The fluid inlet is on top, which means the reservoir sits way high and I just couldn't get a good fit. Where as the R1 is side inlet

Awesome. What year R1 mc did you use?

could you also let us know what in particular had to do to change? or is pretty straight forward?

It came with the switch, so just plugged in stock cable. When I ordered the SS lines, I requested a R1 banjo fitting for the correct angle. But I believe you can get adapter fittings. I think @ROADTOAD1340 may have info on these.
It didn't come with reservoir or bracket, so I made one up with universal kits.
Other than that, it was a easy
Swap.

WWhen I get home after work I can grab some pics if wanted

It came with the switch, so just plugged in stock cable. When I ordered the SS lines, I requested a R1 banjo fitting for the correct angle. But I believe you can get adapter fittings. I think @ROADTOAD1340 may have info on these.
It didn't come with reservoir or bracket, so I made one up with universal kits.
Other than that, it was a easy
Swap.

WWhen I get home after work I can grab some pics if wanted
Yes please. Pics would be great. Thanks alot

I’m running an R1 MC on my Gen1. Believe there’s a couple threads on the matter already posted up that gives the years and particulars. I think mine was an 09 but can’t say for certain it’s been so long.

I bought the MC off eBay used and a Spiegler billet reservoir to pair with it. Everything hooked up to the Spiegler braided lines already on my bike. Been running it for almost a decade no issues

Mine was already fitted up when I got it, looks pretty straight forward.

The hard part of the process is making sure you can get matching levers as the R1 has a cable clutch so you can't match the MCs and in order to get any sort of decent looking aftermarket levers you'd have to buy both R1 levers and Busa levers in the same color..I just left them stock so they'd match (aluminum).

Mine was already fitted up when I got it, looks pretty straight forward.

The hard part of the process is making sure you can get matching levers as the R1 has a cable clutch so you can't match the MCs and in order to get any sort of decent looking aftermarket levers you'd have to buy both R1 levers and Busa levers in the same color..I just left them stock so they'd match (aluminum).

MotoMummy sells individual levers

It was no trouble ordering a Busa brake and R1 clutch lever

I’m trying to do an eBay mc.....lol. 1800 is a lot of pie.

There are others but this was the most expensive one I saw on the site others are around a couple hundred clams...even the cheapest levers were around $81 USD. add the exchange and whatnot to bring them to Canada and they are then over $100 per lever.

eBay is your best bet..

As promised, here's my R1 Brembo mc setup.. the reservoir sits level and straight when to bike is verticle.

IMG_20191209_183552.jpg

Back